Random Observations

ORUTerry

In no particular order....

1. Several of the games, especially the first day, were low scoring with lots of missed shots. Nerves had a thing to do with that - as well as tight rims. It seemed better yesterday. There were some long bounces off the rim on Saturday. Makes the rebounding angles a little different. Both squads have to deal with it.

2. I hope ORU comes out focused but not tense. They cannot afford another slow start against a team like Valpo.

3. The refs are definitely letting the players play. No blood - no foul. Not sure how this will affect ORU; Caleb certainly gets a lot of points at the free throw line. They are calling perimeter fouls (hand checks), but swallowing the whistle on interior play. The players have to adapt to this very different style.... unless the refs change it up like they did in the championship game last year.

4. WIU double & triple teamed Green and let Mickey (and even Owens) have open shots. If Valpo does the same, those guys will have to hit open shots.

5. I hope we don't shorten our bench tonight. I would like to see more of Riouse and Ehambe - and even Fowlkes if need be.

I second the last point, Terry. Riouse, especially.

I think both coaches/teams know what to expect of each other. This game should come down to athleticism and shot selection. I think we have them beat on the athletic end so if we can shoot and control the ball we should pull out a win.

The refs are definitely letting the players play. No blood - no foul. Not sure how this will affect ORU; Caleb certainly gets a lot of points at the free throw line.

The refs letting things go in the paint will hurt us with Caleb, but could help us with the Mickey vs. Kone down low. Mickey has the size advantage. He can throw his weight around for a rebound or to post-up? lets just hope he doesn?t try to dunk.

As KT was the man last game I am predicting Larry as the Hero this game. We have Caleb and Mickey, they have Oppland and Kone, but who is their answer for the defensive player of the year?

Fear the Fro!

Here's a random observation:

Since we beat Georgetown last year by 18.

And Georgetown beat Duke this year.

And Valpo loses to Duke pretty bad this year.

We should blow Valpo out of the water as well, right? :wink:

And then, once we win tomorrow night, we might play Duke in the opening round of the NCAA tourney and we'd beat them by 13 since Georgetown beat them by 5 (I think) this year.

Don't you love how these things come full circle? :lol::wink::P:)

but who is their answer for the defensive player of the year?

Fear the Fro!

Don't forget about Berdiel's elbows!

ORU Shoots 60% tonight and wins big! Watched Riouse at shoot around and the man is on fire! Moses the same! Tutt will be the man tonight, and Caleb will dominate the middle. I might add if Larry wants to dominate he can .....lets just see if Larry wants too!

I like Mickey but if his shot not working he must realize that he has to rebound to help this team!

ORU is the best team in the Mid-Con. The unfinished business will continue on to tomorrow night.