ORU Valpo Predictions?

EasyTELGuy

I think it's going to be a close one and Ken & Larry are going to carry us. Caleb will get his double figures, but I'm guessing 16 points. Ken's going to need 25 or more and Larry will need to score like 18 or 20 and grab like 11 or 12 rebounds (on top of Caleb's 13 or 14 rebounds).

ORU 78 Valpo 76

I listened to the Valpo game on the radio and the postgame commentary from one of their Asst. Coaches and they are REALLY looking forward to playing us.

In short, I think it's going to be a stressful game complete with nail-biting, screaming at refs, and a number of over-the-back fouls because of these "rung-tighter-than-a-corkscrew-rims" we're seeing at the UMAC!

It's gonna be a classic...I simply hope my prediction is right with ORU coming out on top! With Ken playing at the top of his game again, I think he's the difference maker and we win!

When we played Valpo on the road this year we were missing Ken Tutt, Drew and Chris Riouse. We still didn't have Ken when we beat them soundly at Mabee.

At least Valpo can't double team three of our players at a time, unless the refs become even more involved. I'm happy with the outcome since Valpo is 0-10 against ORU in Tulsa!!!! Bring it on!!!!

With their very recent loss to us still fresh, their first win in Tulsa the day before, and the natural rivalry that exists...this game against Valpo rattles my nerves a little bit.

Press Release after January game.

ORU (8-8, 3-1 Mid-Con) played without injured guards Andrew Meloy (Houston, Texas), Chris Riouse (Broken Arrow, Okla.) and Ken Tutt (Garland, Texas), who suffered a fractured fifth metatarsal on his right foot last Saturday against Western Illinois. Tutt is expected to miss up to six weeks.

Big thing to remember........Valpo is 0-10 in Tulsa against ORU..........we are in their heads & with help from the Maniacs we will stay in their heads, even with the 15 Vu Crew in attendance, the MANIACS RULE!!!! :D8):D8):D

I hope the Maniacs come ready to scream their heads off. A win over VALPO and 'The Whiner' on our way to the NCAA's would be storybook.

ORU has had a day to rest & Valpo has games 2 nights in a row(they should be tired) We know how hard that is from our Great Alaskan Shootout.

I predict ORU 78, VU 65. My rationale is partly discussed in the Valpoetry post. I also just happen to think we are a better team this year.

We still didn't have Ken when we beat them soundly at Mabee.

Mom, just to remind you we did have K.T. when we beat them soundly at the Mabee. He was unstoppable that game. I like your attitude though.

My Prediction:

Both teams are matched up pretty well, so i think it will come down to whichever team can remain mentally tough to execute it's game plan throughout the game.

Final- ORU: 68 VU: 59

I got to observe both teams very closely off the floor because of my role with the UMAC. Valpo was very relieved to win tonight over SUU. The coaching staff especially seemed like a weight was lifted off their shoulders. They were laughing and joking around and hugging the players alot. The back room seemed like a VU alumni reunion. Everyone and their mom was showing up. They wanted to win without over-extending Oppland too much, and succeeded in doing so (scoring was very balanced among 4 key players). All of that to say the no days rest will not be as big of a factor in tomorrows game. They (especially Homer) are tired of hearing about the 'can't beat ORU in Tulsa'. They REALLY are looking forward to playing ORU, but...

I got a chance to chat with Coach Sutton and C.P. tonight too and wanted to really observe what kind of reaction they would have after seeing Valpo play a pretty good game. I got nothing. None of their demeanor's changed. There was a focus there that I have never seen before. Coach Sutton was doing an interview with a media person, but when I finally got a chance to talk to him about the game, he just oozed confidence. It was like they were ready for war.

People, it's gonna be a battle. I think the home crowd will be a little too much for the crusaders though.

Obviously ORU is the favorite, but it won't be because of a lack of effort on our part if we get beat. It never bothers me to see my team get beat by a better team. For the last month we've been missing the fire that I saw tonight. Will we have it again against ORU, I believe so. I think the guys will be ready and fired up, will it be enough...who knows? That's why they play the game. Should be an interesting night. I'm glad both teams are mostly back to full strength, although I'd like to have Huff ready, but it's as good as it's going to get this week. When the smoke clears one of us will still have a tough game to go, may the best team win

Hey Mom, had a nice talk with Huge tonight. He said you were there the other night, sorry I didn't get a chance to say hi....Hope you're back on your feet soon

My opionion... A team is 0-10 against ORU in tulsa, seems like they gotta win sometime, right? Valpo knows how to win the Mid-Con (8 years?). They have the talent. But can they beat ORU? No. I think the crowd will play a big role in this one. Yell loud, keep the guys fired up. We want a trip to the NCAA!! Difference Makers for ORU... Tutt, Green, Riouse, Meloy, Owens, Ehambe, Folkes, Bluitt, Mihalec, Yemi.

Obviously ORU is the favorite, but it won't be because of a lack of effort on our part if we get beat. It never bothers me to see my team get beat by a better team. For the last month we've been missing the fire that I saw tonight. Will we have it again against ORU, I believe so. I think the guys will be ready and fired up, will it be enough...who knows? That's why they play the game. Should be an interesting night.

It's definitely going to be a dog fight! Valpo is playing both to get the beat ORU in Tulsa monkey off its back AND to go to the NCAA tourney! Valpo has a lot of pride given their success over the past 10 years and making it to the tourney time and again.

ORU wants to prove a lot to itself. "Unfinished Business", after all, is their motto this year. My hope is that it doesn't show up in the form of tenseness on the court (unlike last year against Oakland). I, for one, think they have matured and are hungry enough to give it everything and come out with a W! They just need to play their game and play it very well and ORU wins in a close one!

This is what tourney time is all about...where men show up to see who's the top dog for the year! As rlh said..."That's why they play the game."