Umkc

Holtontulsa

everyone not named Kevi Luper has regressed this year. add to that that no impact freshmen were added.

ORU lost the off season to the rest of the league.

hopefully they can get things together by the time the conference tournament rolls around.

you are right that Jaci probably deserves a caveat due to her knee, but her decision making has been very poor at times this year.

win or lose I wish they would just shut her down for a month to get the knee ready for Sioux Falls. those are the only games that matter.

what happened to the PG they had from Cali last year? she did OK filling in last year, they sure could use her this year.

Daniels and Scrivner look to have some game...this is a good opportunity for coach to tinker with his rotation and get things going down the stretch.

I still think they have the best talent and will get things together and return to the NCAA Tournament.

Tough loss. I suspect I'm in the minority, but I think we are missing some fundemental skills. We don't rebound, we're quick to shoot the 3 ball (although a 50% shooting percentage today is strong), we don't look for any indside opportunities and we can't defend in the paint. When the season started, there was talk about top 25 votes. Now that reality has settled, we better worry if we can win consistently in the RPI challenged Summit conference.

• Upvote 1

We stink.....Happy New Year!..... |(

Why do you let a girl score 31 points before you put someone in her face?

Why do they not look down court for fast break anymore? They get steal or rebound and slow ball down. They used to run.

Why do they not attack the boards and blockout for rebounds? Shots up nobody around to help rebound. Standing around looking.

Why do they put arms straight up and then run into them for a foul? Why do they migrate to freethrow and leave there girl wide open for easy shot? Stay with there girl

Who do you blame?

As feared before the season even started, defense and rebounding have proven to be our shortcomings.

If you can't (won't) defend and/or you can't (won't) rebound, you're not going to win against better competition.

And, unless we get better at defense and rebounding, I see no reason to expect different results.

I completely agree with the man-to-man defensive scheme suggestion. Our posts can't shift fast enough for our current defense and we get roasted in the bottom of the lane.

I heard the announcer's comments on Amber's play. She looked whipped. It's a shame, because we could use her size on the boards. And, while Dom's play has been inconsistent, I don't think she let us down yesterday. She did get four boards and shoot 4 of 6 from the field.

This team needs to play like they want to win, instead of just going through the motions.

No excuse, but this was a trap game...a bus ride to kansas..a bus ride to so. dak...a Thursday night game..a bus ride back to kansas..an afternoon game on Saturday..you could tell they were tired. I have watched this defensive scheme for several years and see no tweeking at all..opponents have it figured out..I did not hear Fink's conversation after the game, but heard he said they made several defensive adjustments..how did I miss that as I watched the game? I am not a coach, but I promise you no one would score 43 points on my team..I would make the rest of the team beat me, if they could. Fink has not played many of the bench players much before conference began so there is no way to know if any of them can help, but I don't see a Kevi (for sure), or even a Jaci or Jordan on the bench.

We got MURDERED on the boards at UMKC... I don't think we have that "physical" factor anymore..

Someone like Janae could help with this. That was just for you JJONES. LOL.