218 Vermont vs 128 Albany

Atlantic Sun

117 Belmont

Big Sky

68 Montana

Big South

73 Winthrop

Big West

(tournament starts 03/08, teams listed in order of conf. tourney seed)

98 Pacific

163 UC Irvine

175 Long Beach St.

289 Cal Poly

Colonial

27 NC-Wilmington

Horizon

54 UW-Milwaukee

Ivy

100 Penn

MAAC

60 Iona

MAC

(12 Team Tourney starts 03/06 but with the top 5 seeds all being ranked higher than ORU, its not worth listing them all)

MEAC

(Tourney Starts 03/07)

124 Delaware St.

206 Coppin St.

232 South Carolina St.

304 Hampton

328 Morgan St.

Northeastern Conference

153 Monmouth

OVC

65 Murray St.

Patriot

50 Bucknell vs. 116 Holy Cross

SWAC

146 Southern

280 Grambling St.

255 Jackson St.

303 Ark-Pine Bluff

Southern

99 Davidson

Southland

70 Northwestern St.

120 Sam Houston St.

Sun Belt

66 South Alabama

So I listed all the Mid-Major conferences - might not be 100% complete or accurate but it should be pretty close - with current remaining teams in the conference tourneys with RPIs. Any RPI in bold is lower than ORU's current standing at 134.

*Note* I edited this post. Barring a funky shift in RPI or Benny Hinn sitting on the selection committee, tonight's results ensure that if we make the tourney, we'll be no higher than a 15 seed. However, we'll count all the teams that are getting in that are ranked lower...

America East Winner, one upset needed

Big West Winner, one upset needed

MEAC Winner, one upset needed

Northeastern Winner

SWAC Winner

Southland Winner, two upsets needed

Looks like our chances for a 14 could be better than I thought. I didn't even think there was a possibility. Some chance is better than nothing. Too bad Winthrop won yesterday over Coastal Carolina.

Nice work Eli - shows us who to root for (and against). I'm trying not to do any more speculating on seeds until we're in, but it's hard.

yeah I had nothing to do this afternoon so I decided to get creative...march madness is starting to hit...

You had nothing to do? Did you see ORUTex's Valpoetry? It was very good, but where does he get the time?

Loyola Maramount almost upsetted Gonzaga tonight the guy missed a wide open layup for the win (trying to beat the shot clock he let go too soon). Loyola would have had 2nd worse record ever to make the tourney (behind Oakland) would have been nice.

Yeah we really need Vermont to win. If we make the tourney and things don't shake out our way, a #16 seed is not out of the question.

Okay, Eli, we're counting on you to keep this updated.

Another important game - it would be very nice for Monmouth to win the NEC tomorrow night, since we beat them in Alaska. We would definitely be seeded above them, it would help our RPI and record against tourney teams.

don't want to cast a shadow over all the excitement but after looking at all this and updating some things to day, we need some upsets because there is no sure bet if the high seeds of the other tourneys win out that we'll get a 15 seed.