Oakland vs Tenn

ORUalum

Would have liked to see Holdman on Hamilton this year.

Tennessee is not very good and looks tired.

Funny, Terry - I had missed your post last night, and as I was getting ready for work this AM I was thinking the very same thing. Without Ken, I don't know if we have anyone that can contain him, if he's playing like he was last night - and he seems to be doing that pretty regularly.

In retrospect, my comments (unintended) seem a little harsh. I still think that Oakland, by virtue of being the reigning champion and their returning players, My observations were made by watching the very end of the first half and parts of the second half. Tennessee looked lethargic (lots of missed free throws and layups). Oakland has good guard play (though I think Hamilton should pass the ball more) and decent size in the red-shirt freshman; they are a complete team. Tennessee could not stop the dribble penetration and evidently Oakland shot lights out in the first half. They will be a bad, bad match up problem for ORU. They can do what I have feared every time would do against our thin lineup - drive to the basket and get us in foul trouble. And if we switch to a zone defense, Bader will knock down shots from the outside.

Nice win for the Grizzlies.

Nice win for the Grizz.....but Tennessee doesn't have a top team this year....they will be fortunate to be .500 in the SEC this season.....however, we will take the win for the Summit League...it will make ORU's win over Oakland in about a month look that much more impressive..... :nerd:

Oakland is very good. Anytime you beat a top 6 conference team it's a good win. Plus, Oakland didn't just win... they put on a clinic against Tennessee.

They had any shot they wanted all night & basically embarrassed an SEC school. Is the new big as good as Benson? No, but who is? Bader is probably 2nd only to Wolters as a pure shooter in the Summit.

Oakland did not fall off after last year. They just retooled.

The ORU/Oakland games will be battles like usual.