Oakland vs Tenn

ORUalum

oakland played out of their minds. tenn suffering from maui hangover got down 14, but cut it to 7 at half.

really impressed w/oakland...they look to be the class of the league again this year.

oakland played out of their minds. tenn suffering from maui hangover got down 14, but cut it to 7 at half.

really impressed w/oakland...they look to be the class of the league again this year.

I agree, alum, they're looking good. What a GREAT atmosphere, too. Appears to be SRO, and full of students.

Interested to see how the second half goes. Tennessee appeared to be be shaking themselves awake at the end of the half.

Guys... come on. Have a little pride in our program. #SMH

WHAT DID I SAY?? Have you been watching them? Don't you think the team and the crowd look good? That's all I'm saying!!

Really? Both teams look sloppy. And if Hamilton has the ball past half court he is going to shoot the ball. Not exactly a team player.

just an observation SOLO_Gold, not meant as a slam on ORU. Oakland looks to be the better team. i have not seen anything from ORU that says they could check Hamilton or keep Bader from raining wide open threes.

random thought: does ESPN have to show the swim team in their speedos after every oakland made bucket?

I have been in that arena. It is a high school gym / all purpose arena. Perfect size (4,000) for a team in the Summit League.

Would have liked to see Holdman on Hamilton this year.

Tennessee is not very good and looks tired.

Really? Both teams look sloppy. And if Hamilton has the ball past half court he is going to shoot the ball. Not exactly a team player.

RH HAS been pretty unstoppable, Terry . . .

Tennessee is killing themselves at this point and if we played in a high school gym we could probably have a crowd like this every night.

I'm just not overly impressed; they're obviously a talented team but they rely HEAVILY on the 3 and if you stop Hamilton (very tough) they don't offer anything THAT threatening.

Guys, the Grizz went down to Houston and beat a Cougars team that had just defeated Arkansas in Little Rock.

Oakland is good - deal with it.

Excellent win for the Grizz, pretty bad loss for Tenn. Too many missed free throws and bricked layups to for them to win tonight.

Oakland is going to be tough. As tough as last year? Not sure about that, but hand it to Greg Kampe, he's changed up their offense based on the strengths of the players he has now, and it's working like a charm.

Great environment for a televised game, I might add.

I agree TMH. You can see the team has bought into Kampes system and the students have bought into Grizz basketball.

I thought the Grizz were going to choke down the stretch and, foul after foul, they stayed composed and hit the shots they needed to hit.

It will be interesting to see if Kampe/Hamilton is enough to overcome the leadership and maturity of our starting 5.

Terry,

Very unlike you in your post here. to say Tenn is no good after they lost to Duke by 9 and Memphis (number 8) by 2 in overtime on a nutural floor is unfair . Also the Orena was hopping. Oakland never trailed and Reggie played that way because Tenn is a long athletic team that can take you out of your offense. He had it going and they couldn't guard him. All of Oakland nation wanted him shooting. This Oakland team shares the ball very well. I thought we were cheering for each other in these games. I know I will cheer hard for ORU Wednesday night.