IUPUI Wins

OKC Eagle

No they didn't...and that's a good sign, because (with the exception of their last two reg. season games) they usually pound it in the 2nd half...

The rims are unbelievably tight at the UMAC. For both games tonight, there were several shots that would've fallen at the Mabee Center.

Also, rebounds spring off that rim like a rubber bouncy ball! Really high and really long rebounds.

Guest EagleBackr
The rims are unbelievably tight at the UMAC. For both games tonight, there were several shots that would've fallen at the Mabee Center.

Also, rebounds spring off that rim like a rubber bouncy ball! Really high and really long rebounds.

The shooting background from behind the arc is pretty tough, too, according to the players - lots of seats really close to the floor combined with a fluke in the lighting make for a sea of colors that appears to be RIGHT BEHIND the backboard...

Coach Greg Kampe believes rather that the balls are inflated too much. "It'll either swish or hit the rim and bounce out."

That is definitely a possibility. The Utah Jazz have gotten called out twice by people who think that they over inflate the balls. Isn't there some test the officials have to see if the balls are inflated properly?

I would assume that since there have been tire gauges for 60 years or more that they could use a tire gauge. But, everyone talks about the rims at the UMAC. I would be inclined to believe it is the rims or a combination, but not just the balls. Kampe won't have to worry about it anymore this season anyway.

Assistant Commissioner Ed Grom told me he thought the balls were overinflated too, so he was having them taken down a little for the second day. Tonight the shooting was a little better and the rebounds didn't seem to bounce out as far.

All the officials do to test them, as far as I know, is drop them from nose height and see if they bounce to the waist. If they bounce too high, then they are overinflated, if they don't reach the waist, they are underinflated. Not very scientific I admit, but that's the only test I've heard about.

I'm sure if there is a question, there must be a gauge of some sort that could be used