ORU vs. Houston

tmh8286

recurring theme??? funny how these teams ORU is beating never want to give them any credit for their poor play.

Head coach Todd Buchanan was disappointed with the loss. He said that he felt that the team had beaten itself. The Cougar squad failed to take care of the ball and finished with 31 turnovers.

“It seems like every time we think we’re getting better, we shoot ourselves in the foot,†Buchanan said. “(Oral Roberts is) a very good defensive team but they’re not a pressing team and we had 31 turnovers tonight. I would be willing to bet that 20 of them were due to us and not them. That’s how you lose basketball games.

“I felt that more so tonight than any game to this point we really didn’t give ourselves a chance to win.â€

LINK

I agree with him! ;-) No reason these teams need to prepare for us! We're not good enough for a team like Houston to prepare for. Kevi led the nation in steals last year because the other teams did it to themselves. They basically GAVE the stat to her.

No, he's right . . . these past five teams did it to themselves.

Does that guy ever look at a box score or anything???

..........As I said....ORU will smoke Missouri State this weekend.....and their coach will probably say that his/her team beat itself...... :razz:

1-3 Providence playing at 2-1 Oakland is a bigger game than undefeated ORU at Conference-USA preseason favorite Houston?

Houston was picked 7th in Conference USA

The Cougars are the defending champion of Conference USA.

Missouri State is the preseason favorite I was thinking of, from the Missouri Valley.

Whatever: either game is more compelling than middling Oakland hosting a bad Providence team.

Yikes! Pride goeth before destruction. . . . We brag to family about how good the women are, they come to the game and the ladies get manhandled by the Bears.