ORU vs. Houston

tmh8286

I hope that ORU blows the doors off the Lady Cougars tonight.

(Although I'd be really happy with a one point win, too.)

The Summit League tweeted this afternoon that "seven conference women's teams are in action tonight, highlighted by Providence at Oakland".

Really?

1-3 Providence playing at 2-1 Oakland is a bigger game than undefeated ORU at Conference-USA preseason favorite Houston?

Whatever... :@

Providence at Oakland the feature game of the night???...... :rofl: :rofl: ....by the way....ORU ladies up 37-20 late in the first half....looks like TMH getting his wish..... ;-)

ORU up big 40-22 at halftime....Luper with 18.....maybe a men's/women's sweep tonight?..... ;-)

64-41 ORU with 6+ minutes left....Luper with 24 and Balla 13.....a real butt kicking!... :nerd:

no radio for the second half (ELIve went down), but it looks like Coach Fink has emptied the bench w/6+ mins left.

ORU coasts to a 76-60 win at Houston....Luper 24 and Balla 17......very nice win!.... :clap:

A very good night for ORU!.....both men and women with nice victories....at 5-0, these ladies are special.... :clap:

This really was a great win for the ladies tonight. The maturity of this team really shows.

This really sets up a great showdown between ORU and Missouri State next Saturday. I can't wait for that game!

(MSU currently 4-2. ORU beat La Tech 92-71; MSU beat La Tech 78-65)

Does anyone know the highest ranking an ORU women's team has ever had?

I remember the 1982-1983 team going 24-0 in regular season play. I don't believe they were ever ranked. They were also bypassed from the NCAA tourney and only invited to the NIT.

...and, in the event you were wondering how the "highlight game of the Summit League schedule" turned out, Providence defeated Oakland in a real barn-burner, 51-50 in overtime. |-) |-) |-) |-) |-) |-) |-) |-) |-) |-)

51-50 in OT?....geez....did they play that game with a beach ball?.....and by the way....TheEagleman thinks that ORU will smoke Missouri State next week...... ;-)