Trujillo to pitch for Oral Roberts University

ORUalum

20111116__1117-C4-TrujilloSign-bw_GALLERY.jpg

Franklin High Cougars' Trujillo to pitch for Oral Roberts University

By Felix Chavez \ El Paso Times

Franklin High's talented right-handed pitcher Guillermo Trujillo had a choice of some pretty good baseball programs at the college level.

On Tuesday, the 6-foot-2, 200-pound Trujillo made it official and signed with Division I Oral Roberts, a winner of 14 straight conference championships. The Golden Eagles play in the Summit League and went 3-2 in this year's NCAA Tournament, beating TCU and Oklahoma, and nearly winning its regional.

"The program at Oral Roberts is very good and it just felt right for me," said Trujillo, who was a All-District 1-5A first-team selection last spring. "Oral Roberts is a consistent winner, and I hope to go in there and help the program immediately."

Trujillo also had interest from Big 12 Conference member Texas Tech and last year's Mountain West Conference tournament champion New Mexico.

FULL ARTICLE

gg2.jpg

Saints Fireballer Glanz Signs With Golden Eagles

Wednesday, 16 November 2011

A hot commodity among Division I Baseball programs around the country, Seward County right-hander Gavin Glanz has made his decision for the 2012-2013 season and it will be to attend Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma where he will join the Summit League Champions and Coach Rob Walton next season.

Glanz was a perfect 6-0 last season as a freshman for the Saints, helping lead Seward to the JUCO World Series by starting on the hill in both the Sub-Regional and Region Championship games. He then took his blazing fastball to the mound in the World Series where he threw a complete game, allowing just 1 earned run in a Seward elimination game win over South Georgia. Glanz was third on the team with 72 innings pitched in his rookie season and ended the year with the unblemished record and a solid 4.50 ERA. Glanz fanned 43 opposing batters and did a good job of keeping the ball in the park in a conference often tough to do so, allowing just 2 home runs, the least of any Saints starter on the year.

“With as easy as the ball gets out of his hand and the tools that he possesses on the mound, if Gavin can continue to improve, he will have a long future of baseball in front of him†Saints Head Coach Galen McSpadden said about his ace. “I liked ORU because of their baseball tradition and their outstanding scholastic reputation†Glanz said. “I am focused on this year at Seward right now and really want to get back to the World Series, but I am also excited at the same time for the future and what Oral Roberts has to offer when I am done here†he continued.

Looks like ORU will have some strong arms in our starting staff for the 2012-13 season....too bad both of these guys won't be around for the upcoming schedule but with these two and Gonzo, the Southland needs to get ready for ORU.... :nerd: