ORU vs Wisconsin

ORUalum

BIG win for the Golden Eagles. First win over a Big 10 team since 1997 as ORU thumps Wisconsin 80-63. Kevi with 34... but the big stat of the day - ORU with 23 steals to ONE for Wisconsin. Great start to the season!

ORU runs away from Wisconsin in Madison, 80-63.

First win over a Big 10 school since 1997, first BCS conference win since 2004.

I have no idea how good Wisconsin may be this year, but that's a VERY impressive victory. 23 steals, forced 31 Badger turnovers, dictated the pace the entire way, shot the ball really well (49%). Only shaky part was too many turnovers in the first half, but otherwise a sparkling performance.

Congrats to the girls - GREAT JOB!!

great win...it was good to see ORU take the air out of the ball the last 4 or 5 minutes. Kevi will get the headlines w/34 pts, but Georgia and Jordan were the MVPs...both had incredible stat lines.

No doubt the best quote of the interview by the Wisconsin Coach:

They have their own style and we have ours. They play hard and they make shots.

I can't believe it - this was the second women's game this weekend that I totally forgot about! I would have LOVED to listen to what must have been a very sweet broadcast.

Newly-acquired Media Relations assistant Rob Walden did the broadcast - very polished, laid-back style, reminiscent of former ORU play-by-play man Mark Neely.

BIG win for the Golden Eagles. First win over a Big 10 team since 1997 as ORU thumps Wisconsin 80-63. Kevi with 34... but the big stat of the day - ORU with 23 steals to ONE for Wisconsin. Great start to the season!

Big win & a really impressive stat.

This was a huge win for ORU ladies! Kudos to the team they seem to be clicking on all burners so far this year. There is no telling what this team is capable of doing this year. The experienece of all the upper classmen shows hope for a great season. The new girls will be an awesome asset to this team. I was listening to the game and I was impressed by the positive coverage of the Lady Eagles by the Wisconsin broadcaster. He had very good things to say about the playing of our ladies today. ORU Alum I was wondering why of all the positive things said today about our team you had to get on this forum and make sarcasm towards Kevi Luper? You stated that Luper would probably get the print but the MVP's would be Jones and Pyle. I didn't know regular season games gave MVP's. Why do people who claim to be supporters feel the need to single Luper out? Luper as well as every girl on the team played fantastic. It is a shame that the only negative thing said about todays game came from an alum. I think Jones and Pyle played awesome but isn't that what is expected of the girls to do. We have a very good team in the making let's not get criticism going towards the team let's get behind the girls and have a great season. This team has brought national recognition to Oral Roberts Women's Basketball so let's just get behind the whole team and our coaching staff and have a great season. NCAA bound in 2012!!!!!!

This was a huge win for ORU ladies! Kudos to the team they seem to be clicking on all burners so far this year. There is no telling what this team is capable of doing this year. The experienece of all the upper classmen shows hope for a great season. The new girls will be an awesome asset to this team. I was listening to the game and I was impressed by the positive coverage of the Lady Eagles by the Wisconsin broadcaster. He had very good things to say about the playing of our ladies today. ORU Alum I was wondering why of all the positive things said today about our team you had to get on this forum and make sarcasm towards Kevi Luper? You stated that Luper would probably get the print but the MVP's would be Jones and Pyle. I didn't know regular season games gave MVP's. Why do people who claim to be supporters feel the need to single Luper out? Luper as well as every girl on the team played fantastic. It is a shame that the only negative thing said about todays game came from an alum. I think Jones and Pyle played awesome but isn't that what is expected of the girls to do. We have a very good team in the making let's not get criticism going towards the team let's get behind the girls and have a great season. This team has brought national recognition to Oral Roberts Women's Basketball so let's just get behind the whole team and our coaching staff and have a great season. NCAA bound in 2012!!!!!!

Wow, roundball - I didn't read ANYTHING negative in alum's post. The post mentioned that Kevi had a great game (34 points), but pointed out that Jordan and Georgia played key roles (which, from listening to the game and reading the box score, they definitely did). I think you're finding something in that post that simply isn't there. This is a great day in ORU basketball - let's celebrate!

Such a great win. Glad to hear Coach adjust the tempo toward the end of the game. Sounds to me like ORU got in Wisconsin's head early and stayed there all game long.

roundballfan that was not intended as any type of slam on Kevi. i was attempting to point that they had filled up their stat lines w/points, steals, rebounds and assists. so much is made of Kevi and Jaci, and rightfully so, but Georgia and Jordan have had to adjust their games to more complimentary roles w/the emergence of Kevi and Jaci the last two years. my comment above was an attempt (apparently a poor one) to acknowledge the great game the two seniors had today.

Listened to the game and thought the Ladies played as a team and they did not let Wisconsin get back in the game. This is a great day for ORU Women's

basketball. They are playing alot smarter than they have in the past years and it is showing. They don't have to score 100 points to have a fantastic game. The WNIT was a great foundation for this years team. Congrates to coaching staff and team. Well done! :party:

TheEagleman is pleased at our great effort in this monumental win for the ORU womens program....it says a lot about how far we have come that we can go on the road and rout a Big Ten team in their own building....heck, last year we came to Phila. and lost to LaSalle (not a good team) by 20+.....crongrats to Coach Fink and the girls!..... :clap:

Great victory by the ladies. The Badgers could not handle the presure defense and we shot well for the game. It is a long season, but this is a very good start. There is always room for improvement (too many tournovers and rebounding) but it is nice to see our gameplan work so well.

roundballfan that was not intended as any type of slam on Kevi. i was attempting to point that they had filled up their stat lines w/points, steals, rebounds and assists. so much is made of Kevi and Jaci, and rightfully so, but Georgia and Jordan have had to adjust their games to more complimentary roles w/the emergence of Kevi and Jaci the last two years. my comment above was an attempt (apparently a poor one) to acknowledge the great game the two seniors had today.

I think most everyone read your post EXACTLY the way you intended it, Alum: Kevi was great, but despite her efforts, Jordan and Georgia WERE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WINNING AND LOSING THE GAME.

If they don't show up, Kevi has 34 points - and we have a loss.

No - it wasn't a poor one.