ORU vs. Drury

Old Titan

Someone remind me again why I pay $50 a year for ELIve, only to spend the entire game looking at a "PLEASE STAND BY" notice on the screen?

Have to admit, though, it WAS mildly entertaining to hear 10 minutes of a "hot mike" in the first half in which the production team took turns yelling at each other.

It just would have been nice to - gee, I don't know - ACTUALLY SEE SOME GAME FOOTAGE!!!

ELIve sucks - has for years. Why can't we ever seem to get this thing right?

why am i not surprised that ELIve was not working. year after year of this is silly. whether they need new software or someone to give a rip about getting it to work, i'm leaning to not buying it next year.

to quote the great Dr. Gillen..."never reward incompetence." that is what i feel i have been doing paying for ELIve every year.

I'm told after the game that it was a legitimate technical breakdown, and not operator error.

I'm also told that the new Media Relations guys have made ELIve a top priority and really want to get it right.

Guess we'll see. But, since we've heard that sort of thing before, forgive me if I don't hold my breath.

ORU wins 80-53 today....coming up well short of the 100 pt mark that we so much like to hit...I guess Drury must have slowed things down a little.....Kevi gets 27.....we will have to play a lot better to have a shot at Wisconsin in our next contest.... :nerd:

Someone remind me again why I pay $50 a year for ELIve, only to spend the entire game looking at a "PLEASE STAND BY" notice on the screen?

Have to admit, though, it WAS mildly entertaining to hear 10 minutes of a "hot mike" in the first half in which the production team took turns yelling at each other.

It just would have been nice to - gee, I don't know - ACTUALLY SEE SOME GAME FOOTAGE!!!

ELIve sucks - has for years. Why can't we ever seem to get this thing right?

Hmmm . . .

I said:

. . . I basically subscribe to ELIve because I can't get a consistant radio signal at my home. But the quality of the ELIve product is so poor, those folks either need a wake-up call or we need to look into another option. I know that part of the problem has to do with the quality of the stream that they are getting from the associate schools, but the issues go far beyond that. Maybe this will encourage them to put out a product that doesn't make me feel ripped off . . .

You said:

Fifty bucks a year is well worth it, for the handful of men's basketball, women's basketball, and baseball road games that I watch each school year.

No-brainer (which, having no sense, is PERFECT for me).

Maybe we're not as far apart on the issue as I at first thought.

Guys, You should have just took a good lunch break and gone to the game. Free entrance with about 5k screeming kids. Half time show would have been worth the purchase of a ticket. Some great dunks. Thanks to M/M the game was a big success. The girls played ok but just like the men's game last night it showed as a first game of the season. It was good to see Jordon on the court and not setting out the season like Ken. I think both teams this year will be special. 8)

What is this, a Republican Party presidential debate?

I voted for ELIve before I voted against it.

The concept of ELIve is a good one, and when it works, it's great.

It just these times when it doesn't work that I get angry.

But, I just keep doling out the money, hoping one day we'll get it right and the world will be a perfect place.

Guess that makes me a Democrat, huh? :razz:

You're a Democrat only if you expect ME to pay your ELIve for you . . .

Besides that, I think you just made the same point I was making in my original post. Talking out of both sided of your mouth? THAT makes youi a Democrat!! ;-)

You're a Democrat only if you expect ME to pay your ELIve for you . . .

Besides that, I think you just made the same point I was making in my original post. Talking out of both sided of your mouth? THAT makes youi a Democrat!! ;-)

If your doling out more than your taking in, then it probably makes you a Republican! (from the goverment that is)