Fall Signing Period Starts Today (11/9/11)

Old Titan

OK. Not doubting you, personally.

I guess it gets back to whether you want to sit on the bench and play limited minutes in a 'big' conference or play bigger minutes at a place like ORU. I can understand leaning either way.

However, if it were me, I'd want to play. Plus, at a place like ORU, you still get pretty good exposure compared to other mid/low majors.

OK. Not doubting you, personally.

I guess it gets back to whether you want to sit on the bench and play limited minutes in a 'big' conference or play bigger minutes at a place like ORU. I can understand leaning either way.

However, if it were me, I'd want to play. Plus, at a place like ORU, you still get pretty good exposure compared to other mid/low majors.

At a different level but similar situation was Sylvester Spicer - sitting the bench at ORU or starring at Rogers State. Where do you think he was happier? Had to have been at Rogers State, at least from a PT standpoint. From what I could tell he was well-connected at ORU from a personal and relational standpoint.

As to your last point, I continue to be amazed at the attention we manage to get, year in and year out, from national media, for one reason or another. I agree completely with you on that, voice.

There's always the chance it's not about the twins not wanting to come here; it's that academically and socially they might not be the best fit for a place like ORU, know what I'm sayin'?

I'm much more disappointed we missed on the kid from Edmond who is now leading Western Illinois in scoring as a freshman - we totally whiffed on that one, didn't even offer him, and we offer EVERYONE in state!

I'm curious to see if we pick up a point guard, or go with what we got now.

This is a good conversation! I like this type of stuff.

I would be surprised if they don't pick up a point guard for next year but we will see.

I understand about the sitting or not sitting. I agree with you and i would much rather play. On the twins i will say they weren't sent to that Juco by ORU; however if you are ORU those are the guys you take a shot at because very hard to get Larry Owens type of guys. They may not be a good fit at ORU as OT said.

Now imagine making the tourney and winning just 1 game the type of exposure ORU would get from that! Especially considering they would be the only in state team playing. That would get you in a whole lot of more doors.

I agree that if we are able to get to the tournament - and even win a game or two - ORU should get some nice publicity/attention. That should hopefully get us in the door with recruits this Spring and next Fall as well.

Yes if you win just 1 game as an underdog they will be talked about non -stop on ESPN. Be nice to go into houses right after that to recruit.

Getting into the dance is huge....just our name in all those brackets and discussion on ESPN and CBS.....win one game?...oh my, the media attention would be huge....get to the Sweet 16?.....to TheEagleman a dream come true..... :inlove: