USA vs. Jamaica

Old Titan

Team USA takes on Jamaica in the 7th Place game at 10:30 a.m. today from Guadalajara. Live Video

I guess the USA team finished last in their 4-team pool, with Mexico and Puerto Rico going 2-1, and Argentina and USA going 1-2. Argentina gets the 3rd Place tie-breaker, based on their win over USA in the opener.

USA up 52-17 at the half over hapless Jamaica. Kevi Luper with EXTENSIVE playing time this game, already has at least 10-12 points, handful of assists, couple of rebounds and steals.

Can only imagine what might have been in this tournament had she seen at least SOME playing time in the pivotal opening game against Argentina.

USA wins it easily, 87-41.

Kevi's stat line: 11 points (scoreless in second half), 5-11 shooting, 1-4 on "3's", 5 rebounds, 1 assist (not correct; should be more), no steals (also not correct, at least two).

And, perhaps most surprisingly, leads the team in minutes played with 20+, most in them in the first half.

If that's not a "mea culpa" on the part of the USA coaching staff, I don't know what is.

TheEagleman wonders if Kevi will be on the court for the tune up match with Evangel this Thursday night?....or does Coach Fink let her rest for a few days.........I am guessing it might be the latter...... :nerd:

I'm just glad to hear that she is healthy. I agree with the 'let her rest' scenario.