USA vs Puerto Rico

MrsSmith

Another close game, but a loss. Kevi did get to play this game. I saw a few parts of the game. She was 1/4 shooting and 1/2 at the FT line for 4 points. It looks like the USA won't be in the finals.

I guess this USA team just isn't very good.....a good experience for Kevi practicing against better players but we might as well get her back here for the start of the season.....I think ORU has an exhibition game at Mabee Center later this week....sounds like she might be back for it..... :nerd:

Eagleman do you really think that Puerto Rico and Argentina had better ball players than Luper? :puke: From what I saw USA doesn't have a coach. :puke: The USA has good players, they just have a has been coach that is about fifteen years behind in her coaching and doesn't know how to adjust her play. Guards against Argentina shot 4 of 22 and Luper never left the bench, are you kidding that Kevi practiced against better players? :fubar: Game against Puerto Rico had way two many turnovers. From the games I saw the Oral Roberts Lady Eagles would have been in gold medal contention in this international tournament. Our ladies could have scored 80 or more in both games. From what I seen Kevi was better than any guard there but for some reason she didn't get the opportunity to play as much as them. Kevi Luper is still awesome in our books!!! Go ORU :clap::inlove:

TheEagleman can't really comment...didn't see the games, bro....but yeah, sounds like the USA coaching was suspect.....you can have the best players but if there isn't a leader putting them together....it doesn't work....why spend all those $$$ to send a team down there if you aren't going to send the girls with a decent experienced coach.....doesn't make much sense....that's why you have to admire Coach K who can get all those pro basketball players to play as a unit for the men's Team USA.....yeah, we would have been better off sending an entire team as a warm up to the season......it's a shame that a team with likely the most talent won't even advance..... :n: :n: