Michael Craion Plenty Active In Early Drills

Old Titan

A "Sunday paper only" subscription to The Tulsa World is only $12.00 a month, and gives subsribers unlimited access to the TW website and mobile app.

Newspapers are a vanishing medium - would hate to contribute to their demise by not paying for their content.

Also, there are some of us old folks who can remember when the likes of Bill Haisten and John Hoover covered ORU for the Tulsa World, and it seemed like they were only interested in muckraking.

Brown is respectful of ORU's mission, he's a straight-shooter with our coaches and athletes, and he doesn't seem preoccupied with stirring up dirt when covering ORU. He seems to give ORU the benefit of the doubt instead of assuming the worst (as some writers there do when they cover ORU).

I'm rarely satisfied with our coverage in any of the local media, but there are many factors involved when it comes to the World, including restrictions on space in the paper, plus the powers-that-be who appear to be more interested in even high school and out-of-state professional coverage than they do ORU.

In short, it ain't always the messenger's fault...

Mike Brown does a good job as ORU's beat writer. He is generally supportive and 'gets it'. Definitely better than others we have had.

I totally agree about Mike Brown. He is very fair and actually knows what is going on with the team. That is a contrast to some others members of the Tulsa sports media.

Mike Brown has a great relationship with the athletic department and does write articles that paint ORU in a favorable light. That and he's a nice guy. I met him a few years back when the Mid-Con tournament was in Tulsa and we had a great time sharing stories about ORU and celebrating their return to the NCAA tournament.

A "Sunday paper only" subscription to The Tulsa World is only $12.00 a month, and gives subsribers unlimited access to the TW website and mobile app.

Newspapers are a vanishing medium - would hate to contribute to their demise by not paying for their content.

Also, there are some of us old folks who can remember when the likes of Bill Haisten and John Hoover covered ORU for the Tulsa World, and it seemed like they were only interested in muckraking.

Brown is respectful of ORU's mission, he's a straight-shooter with our coaches and athletes, and he doesn't seem preoccupied with stirring up dirt when covering ORU. He seems to give ORU the benefit of the doubt instead of assuming the worst (as some writers there do when they cover ORU).

I'm rarely satisfied with our coverage in any of the local media, but there are many factors involved when it comes to the World, including restrictions on space in the paper, plus the powers-that-be who appear to be more interested in even high school and out-of-state professional coverage than they do ORU.

In short, it ain't always the messenger's fault...

I agree... Mike Brown does a very good job covering ORU Athletics. If anything the problem is he doesn't get enough space, digital or otherwise for his stories.

Count TheEagleman in as a supporter of Mike Brown.....as a former Communication Arts/Journalism major, I think he does a fair and informative job of reporting ORU sports....... :up: