The Silly Season

Old Titan

It's the 'silly season' and we are all ready for basketball season to start. We have spent too much time analyzing teams on paper - now it's time to watch them and see how they perform.

I'm still trying to understand why seemingly intelligent folks would get all worked up about a pre-season prognostication from anyone, much less some college/high school kid in Detroit, Siuox Falls, or Tulsa???

Insert emoticon for I don't give a crap...

Yes finally! Voice you said what I was thinking!!

I'm still trying to understand why seemingly intelligent folks would get all worked up about a pre-season prognostication from anyone, much less some college/high school kid in Detroit, Siuox Falls, or Tulsa???

Insert emoticon for I don't give a crap...

Simple: because he has a forum on the RTC website, and consequently some clout in the world of Twitter, folks who matter in the college basketball world might read his garbage and mistakenly assume it came from an objective source.

Case in point: our conference office, and consequently reputable media folks on down the line, were re-Tweeting crap the other day that some 17-year-old kid in New York wrote about the Summit League, and treating it as "breaking news".

Unless cooler and wiser heads like us call "BS" on that stuff, it can eventually have ramifications...

BTW, I read the new preview on Rush The Court - it's much better written this time.

But it's still wrong: Oakland lost way too much from last year to be a knee-jerk pick for 1st place. Let me be clear - they could still end up winning the darn thing, but I can see nothing on paper that should lead any objective person to that conclusion. This guy is just being hopeful, not analytical.

His preview isn't really a forecast - it's a wish list.

I would like to go to the ORU vs WVU Bball game on November 5th.

Anyone know a way to get tickets at the Coliseum behind the ORU bench other then trying to figure out how to call the WVU Athletic office?

Any innovative ideas are welcome!