How can I record Mid-Con TV?

Otis 83

Major scheduling difficulties during the Mid-Con tournament. Our church home group meets Saturday night. My wife is going out with her friends on Monday leaving me with childcare responsibilities right at tip-off. Anyone know how I can record the video stream so I can watch the game later?

There are screen-capture programs out there (I can't recall any names at the moment) that could probably pull it off if you had the window open and recording before you left. Only problem would be that I dunno if any programs could compress it on the fly, which would mean a lot of hard drive space. That and you'd hafta figure out how to set it up.

You can connect your computer or laptop directly to your VCR. We have done it successfully in the past but I will need to ask my son exactly what he did. We can't let a fan miss the games!!!! :lol:

Mom, that would be a big help. Thanks.

Terry, I follow the wise counsel of the great Tom Landry who ordered his priorities:

1. Faith

2. Family

3. Football

You are probably going to need an S Video cable. I would go to Google and start searching around typing in things like: connecting my laptop to vcr. Mix up your phraseology if you need to but you will probably come across an article that would suit what you need to do.

Guest EagleBackr
Terry, I follow the wise counsel of the great Tom Landry who ordered his priorities:

1. Faith

2. Family

3. Football

Yeah, but I bet Mrs. Landry knew better than to "go out with her friends" when the Cowboys were playing! Don't recall seeing ol' Tom on the sideline with a diaper bag! SAVE YOURSELF, MAN - LET HER KNOW WHO'S BOSS - BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!

("What am I typing, honey? Oh, nothing - just playing on the computer. Dinner with you mother? Ummm...Oh, alright! Just quit yelling!!)

Anyway, like I was saying - STAND YOUR GROUND - BE A MAN - TELL HER TO JUST GO (Oh, who am I trying to kid - there but for the grace of God and a wife who happens to like basketball go I!)

Just kidding.... obviously. There is actually a chance I might not be at the game tomorrow because of a funeral I have to attend in Oklahoma City. I should be back in time - but it will be close.

The problem I see in that order of priorities is that we're not talking football here. I have no problem with THOSE priorities in that order, but when you add in basketball:

1. Basketball

2. Faith

3. Family

4. Football

There. That's better.

I think it is because basketball is intertwined with all of my priorities:

Faith - well it is ORU basketball, after all!! :D

Family - unless there are circumstances out of our control the whole family doesn't miss a game 8)

Football - we split up with Blue at the OU games so we have both sports covered (unless ORU plays TU) and Mike & I at the ORU games :lol:

Looks balanced to me

1) If there is a TV with ESPN2 in the house where you will be providing childcare introduce them to the wonders of televised sports. You'll be doing your part to stem the montrous tide of wussification that has harmed countless children since the mid-60s. I'd say it's not only your personal duty as an ORU fan but as an American. Simply put, if you don't do this the terrorist will have already won.

2) Kids love sportsbars.

But the people in the sports bars might not love the kids. They may have gone there to get away from their own. :wink:

Dr. C,

I don't show tomorrow's games being on ESPN2. Has there been an update I don't know about. All I can find is

Mid-Con Announces Live Video Streaming of Basketball Tournament Games

The Mid-Continent Conference and XOS Technologies, Inc., have teamed up for the second-straight year to give fans the opportunity to watch the live video stream of the 2006 Mid-Con Men's & Women's Basketball Championships on their computers. The tournament, which will take place Saturday, March 4 - Tuesday, March 7 in Tulsa, Okla., will be brought directly to each fan's computer monitor using revolutionary video streaming technology. Fans can go to www.mid-con.tv to take part in this exciting web streaming opportunity. The Mid-Con will stream 13 of the 14 tournament games, with ESPN airing the men's Championship game on March 7 at 6 p.m. (Central). Games can be bought on a session-by-session basis for $4.95 each or fans can purchase a Tournament Pass for $19.95 to access all 13 contests.

You're right. I was refering to the championship game.

MabeeJ was right about the S Video cable, but most computers have some kind of video output. You should be able to go to a Best Buy or another computer store to get the wires needed. Best thing to do is take a picture of the back of your computer so that they can see what you are working with at home. You will just connect your computer to a VCR and connect the VCR to your TV (so you can see what you are recording). That way you know you are doing it the right way. You might have to change some configurations on your computer as well so you can get it to display through the video output. Most newer computers have a S Video output on the back.

Guest EagleBackr

...I know this will sound goofy, but I did this once a couple of years ago with a slide presentation on a computer, and I swear it worked: set a camcorder up on a table or tripod in front of the computer and just videotape the screen. The sound won't be great, and any ambient noise around the camcorder will be picked up (dog barking, phone ringing, etc.) but the picture quality will surprise you. Just focus the camera to where the viewer is totally filled with the screen image, and "voila"! Beats the heck out of not seeing it at all...

Otis I've found something that will work... check your private messages.