Ryan Iannelli

Former SID

Prayers for this young man's family. I appreciate his service and sacrifice for my freedom.

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - Winston Churchill

along w/my prayer for his family and loved ones is the prayer that these pointless wars will end. these people are not worthy of a single drop of american blood.

along w/my prayer for his family and loved ones is the prayer that these pointless wars will end. these people are not worthy of a single drop of american blood.

This is something I pray about every day.

My best friend is currently serving in Afghanistan... He has been away from his 1 year old son & infant daughter for months now.

No servicemember EVER, EVER serves in vain... but only the people of Afghanistan can change their nation.

I pray God will comfort Lt. Iannelli's family and bring them peace.

No servicemember EVER, EVER serves in vain... but only the people of Afghanistan can change their nation.

very well said Doc C.

perhaps the worst thing Bush ever did was read and buy into Natan Sharanky's, The Case for Democracy. We can not impose our values on a people, because of religion and culture, largely still stuck in the 6th century.

This has been a tough month for ORU what with the murder of the freshman last week on Mingo and now this senseless death in Afghanistan....TheEagleman is very sad tonight.....it's time to get our men and women out of there...BRING THEM HOME!..... ;(

This has been a tough month for ORU what with the murder of the freshman last week on Mingo and now this senseless death in Afghanistan....TheEagleman is very sad tonight.....it's time to get our men and women out of there...BRING THEM HOME!..... ;(

I don't think this was mentioned on the message board, but last week there was also an ORU senior that was in a serious accident "long boarding", which is a form of skateboarding, that left him brain dead. They removed life support on Sunday, and the funeral was yesterday. He was a friend of my son.

These have been sobering days for the ORU faithful.

despite just being a role player, I hope ORU will consider retiring his jersey number in honor of his great sacrifice for our country.

Ryan was a nice kid. Early in his ORU career when he worked the ground-crew he would often sit with us in our box over the 3rd base dugout. We'd give him big cheers when he got into the game in the late innings or as a pinch runner. Prayer for him and his family.