Mike Carter at OAC in October

titansforever

Pretty bad message to send... If your only job is to promote ORU you should, Wait for it... Promote ORU.

Mike's OSU pride is pretty obvious in that pic.

I thought it but I didn't say it - glad others were thinking the same thing.

Sean's ORU pic also has him sportin an orange tie. Oops ;)

Two other OSU alumni look pretty good in gold ones though:

ncb_g_ssutton2_300.jpg

458353_G.jpg

Geez, guys - it's a freaking necktie.

...it is pretty damn orange, though. :razz:

Should have been blue.... It speaks to where/who his real allegiance is with. Small thing that speaks loudly.

It is his official ORU (not OSU) photo.

Bad form.

i'm sure it was a coincidence, rather than a slight. the more important question is --- does the guy age? he looks the same as he did when he was hired in the mid nineties.

maybe someone could go to the luncheon and present him w/a navy or gold tie on behalf of the alumni and reference the pic. i bet it would be fixed in short order on the website and be done in a humorous way.

In Sean's defense, his pic looks like it was taken in his Assistant Coach days at OSU. Regardless of what color ties these gentlemen wear, I hope to be in the OAC audience next month when they speak. Mike Carter has been a huge blessing to ORU.

You're right, vcb. For all the good Mike has done for ORU athletics, I guess we can tolerate him wearing orange in a pic!

I honestly can't believe we're wasting time and keystrokes on the color of the athletic staff's neckties.

We sound like a bunch of old women.

A bunch of boring old women.

Our next thread: who's on the athletic staff's pajamas: Superman? Chuck Norris? Tim Tebow? Pistol Pete?

I honestly can't believe we're wasting time and keystrokes on the color of the athletic staff's neckties.

We sound like a bunch of old women.

A bunch of boring old women.

Our next thread: who's on the athletic staff's pajamas: Superman? Chuck Norris? Tim Tebow? Pistol Pete?

Give us something else to talk about, then, OT, When things are slow we will talk about anything.

I know it is a relatively small matter but it does seem to reflect a general lack of allegiance to the the school he is working for and hopefully promoting. Especially in light of his puzzling resolution of the TU game fiasco.

Again, it is bad form.

Yeah I thought that was probably an old school pic of Sean...Actually I just think it's cool Scott breaks out a Blue and Gold tie sometimes, even though it's not a big deal and he doesn't have to.

With some of the weird stuff going on with the state's D-I athletic programs the last month or so, ORU has come out looking the least ridiculous. Like:

1) TU sneaking out of the Mayor's Cup to play Jackson State. While ORU adds Gonzaga to the schedule.

2) Mother Nature punishing TU/OSU for scheduling a 9pm football game to get on TV, resulting in a contest ending around 3:30 am local time.

3) OU inviting Kelvin Sampson AND Dave Bliss back to Norman to coach an alumni game.

4) The complete PR nightmare this week with OU allowing themselves to get publicly punked by Texas/Pac-12.

There's nothing wrong with taking issue with the color of his tie, and frankly I would be disappointed if the majority felt any other way. Would an OU coach wear an orange tie in his official picture? Why should we expect anything less?

It's inappropriate and should be changed.