Butterflies

tmh8286

That must be the cutest infestation ever. All we ever get here on campus are roaches.

Lots of em.

If it is accompanied by loose stools, then I have it too... bad. To be honest, I really can't even think about the tourney without all of my insides churning.

Is P-Rob donating a large number of tickets to students again this year?

And will there be a special dress code day on campus if we win?

If it is accompanied by loose stools, then I have it too... bad.

ouv37k.jpg

Yeah, I got seasons 1 & 2 on DVD. As well as his movie.

Did you see the one where Borat went to a dating service? HILARIOUS!

I wish this board would allow me to quote some of his best lines but I can't. The dating service one was classic. I love the 7 minutes of silence at the local Republican party gathering.

I guess this thread can't get locked out since Dr. C brought up Borat.

Boy, am I showing my age and lack of cultural awareness..... who is that guy?

Getting back on topic: I hope the players and coaches are not feeling the same nervousness I have. They (and us) have had to live with 'the shot' for a whole year. It is time to put it behind us - and take care of unfinished business.

I hope we can come out of the blocks on Saturday quickly and put any nerves or hestitancy out of the way. I like the fact that we have good depth - which should help us in the 2nd and 3rd games. Expect teams to use the 'Oakland' model of slowing the game down and zoning us to force us to make jump shots.

Expect teams to use the 'Oakland' model of slowing the game down and zoning us to force us to make jump shots.

Let's hope that we have figured out how to control tempo, after last year's championship.

Monday night the ORU women were the one's running clock, and Valpo was totally confused by it. Let's hope that we know how to answer the slow down game. We've seen it during the conference season, and seemed to handle it okay then.

Boy I sure hope that teams are going to try to sit back in a zone against us. I hope they watch the tape of our first game against Valpo this year. We are a drastically different team from earlier in the year. That is why I feel so good about our chances -- we can kill you in so many ways.

I started with the butterflies, bad gas :? , etc. earlier in the day...but then I thought, why am I so nervous? Is the team this nervous? I hope they don't play like I feel! Which led me to my next train of thought:

If you were coach Sutton, what "type of mentality" would you be prescribing to your players? Do you overcome the butterflies with one of the follwing?

1) "It's US versus the WORLD!" (this would be the little man syndrome)

2) "#!#@ ALL Y'ALL!!!" (that would be the "we take no prisoners/mad at all the haters" approach...sorry for the vulgarity reference, you get my point)

3) "Just takin' care of (unfinished) business" (that would be the "we're better than everyone and know it, and now we're going to prove it" approach, but could that approach catch us flat footed?)

I just need a mind-game to stave off the butterflies, and these are the only three that I can think of at the moment. Thoughts?

Yes, P-Rob is purchasing a large number of tickets like he did last year. Not many universities have a president that would do that.

i agree with you homer, they need to go in there with 'this is our house" mentality. 3 loses in mid con were ORU laying down and playing bad. We are better than you and we will prove it.

Butterflies, not really, but i am anxious to see how it turns out. Last year i went in over confident and we got punked. This year i am ready, but they have got to earn my confidence in the next game.

Is P-Rob donating a large number of tickets to students again this year?

And will there be a special dress code day on campus if we win?

Yes, students could pick up free tickets starting last Thursday(2/23), though I think they are out.

I'm thinkin' no curfew and no class Wednesday, Thursday and Friday so we can party, start fires, all the usual stuff.

It is like Kazakhi wine, except not fermented Horses urine.

I started with the butterflies, bad gas :? , etc. earlier in the day...but then I thought, why am I so nervous? Is the team this nervous? I hope they don't play like I feel! Which led me to my next train of thought:

If you were coach Sutton, what "type of mentality" would you be prescribing to your players? Do you overcome the butterflies with one of the follwing?

1) "It's US versus the WORLD!" (this would be the little man syndrome)

2) "#!#@ ALL Y'ALL!!!" (that would be the "we take no prisoners/mad at all the haters" approach...sorry for the vulgarity reference, you get my point)

3) "Just takin' care of (unfinished) business" (that would be the "we're better than everyone and know it, and now we're going to prove it" approach, but could that approach catch us flat footed?)

I just need a mind-game to stave off the butterflies, and these are the only three that I can think of at the moment. Thoughts?

I choose option #2 and like Fenix says, we'll break open the Kazakhi wine, turn over some cars, burn, loot and riot down 71st St.!!!

You know, options 2 and 3 are not mutually exlusive. How about:

"#!#@ ALL Y'ALL!!!/we take no prisoners/we're better than everyone and know it, and now we're going to prove it"

Come out blazing, don't let up, don't let anyone think they have a chance, and most of all, don't let them hang around so that they actually have any chance at the end.