Schedule Predictions

Holtontulsa

A healthy team all year could possibly finish 26/3 before conf tourney.... A team that struggles with injury will finish 22/7

sounds like ORU is going to have a great year. what is the word on the new players? will any contribute right away?

Until this team shores up its interior defense, it will only go as far as the offense can carry it.

On some nights, the ball just doesn't go in - it's then that you need your defense to gut it out and win ugly.

I'm going to reserve judgement until I see this year's version, but until we show we can stop dribble penetration and dump passes to wide-open post players, I'm skeptical the record will be any better than last year.

26-3?....TheEagleman would like a taste of that Kool-Aid..... :think:

OT...I don't disagree with your premise. However, the half court trapping defense is built that way. It's high risk/high reward. Most of the time it results in a steal or an easy basket for the opponent.

That said...if the new 6-3 girl can play and the returning post players have improved, we could be really good. We were one really good post player away from being a Top 25-30 team last year.

Anybody know how Jaci is doing in her rehab?...has anyone seen her practicing?....Bigham and Craion having healthy returns and making major contributions are big issues for both of our basketball teams in 2011-12.... :worried:

A healthy team all year could possibly finish 26/3 before conf tourney.... A team that struggles with injury will finish 22/7

You forget that over half of those games will be played with Summit officials... where being the best team often means nothing. :devil:

Two things that HAVE to happen for a phenominally successful season. First, the play of our interior, as OT noted. The girl from Hungary and Amber have to run the floor better and be a force inside - offensively, but more importantly defensively. If that can happen, we will be able to survive a lot of off-nights.

Secondly, Jaci has to come back at 85%-90% and get better. I understand her rehab is going well and, as we all saw at the end of last season, she will play hurt and give it her all. We just need to make sure she can move effectively as team does not work as well with an injured Jaci (as we saw compared to the team that went 13-0 during conference play).

If the men stay relatively injury-free and reach their potential, this could be a special basketball season that will keep fans in the seats for several nights a week.

OT...I don't disagree with your premise. However, the half court trapping defense is built that way. It's high risk/high reward. Most of the time it results in a steal or an easy basket for the opponent.

Sorry - just not a fan of that defense, at least not with our personnel: we're not athletic enough. Wonderfully skilled offensively, but just not long enough or fast enough to recover against better teams that attack the back-end of the "D".

Sorry - just not a fan of that defense, at least not with our personnel: we're not athletic enough. Wonderfully skilled offensively, but just not long enough or fast enough to recover against better teams that attack the back-end of the "D".

Correct. Well stated by a true basketball statesman.

• 1 month later...