Channeling for Chicken Little...

Guest EagleBackr

Guest EagleBackr

...but is anyone else concerned that, in order to win this thing, we are probably going to have to win three straight against the only three teams in the conference that beat us in the regular season (Western, Valpo, and IUPUI)? Talk about your "Unfinished Business"! I guess we can call it "Redemption Tour 2006". Or "Revenge of the Birds". Maybe "Payback Mountain"? Nah, didn't think so... :shock:

Can Saturday get here soon enough? WAY too much time to think... :roll:

makes me so nervous having to think about what you just said, however, all those games were played without tutt, on the road, and without more than one good perimeter shooter.

Now we have tutt fitting well into the new rotation, a confident 6th man in Rouise and Enhambe, and a home crowd, and a gorrila on our backs that demands something above the average.

I'm liking our chances.

I agree with Sisko. We wouldn't have any of that "it's hard to beat a team 3 times" junk to worry about. Besides, none of those teams beat us in Tulsa.

The awful Mid-Con refs scare me more than any team we might face. They're the only ones in this league who can shut Green down.

I don't know the answer to that for sure, but I can tell you this - some of the same refs that officiated games in the Mid-Con Tournament last year have officiated games at Mabee Center this year.

I don't know the answer to that for sure, but I can tell you this - some of the same refs that officiated games in the Mid-Con Tournament last year have officiated games at Mabee Center this year.

Would that include the ref who was vehemently booed at last Saturday's game??? :)

Would that include the ref who was vehemently booed at last Saturday's game??? :)

I don't remember HIM specifically, but he might have been one of the ones.

Truth is, until Saturday night, I'd thought of that guy as being one of the better refs to come to the Mabee Center. He sure blew some calls Sat. though. I booed him till I was hoarse. Felt good.

I cannot recall a time where an official was straight-up booed for as long as I heard on Saturday night. I'm jlike a proud parent for our fans!! They finally showed some LIFE this year (Sutton Technical, booing the offical on Sat. etc.) Could it be that the blue-hairs are slowly being replaced by folks with receding hair (voice :wink: ) ?

The booing of the official on Saturday night was AWESOME! I have never heard that kind of collective effect from the fans at the Mabee Center. I thouroughly enjoyed it, and you could tell it rattled the ref cause he was turning red and shifting nervously all throughout the timeout. It would have continued throughout the time out if it wasn't for the promotion that was going on. When we started it up again after the time-out, I was just amazed. If we could get that kind of crowd at the UMAC this weekend and respond in the same way when we see horrible calls, it could make the difference for the game. C'mon Eagle Fans! Let's turn the UMAC into the Post-Season Mabee!

It's funny you guys are talking about this, because when we go to 'media timeouts', I'm supposed to launch into the timeout promotion announcement immediately. However, after the call and you guys (the crowd) started booing so loudly, I waited about 10 seconds to start talking, to let you guys have the full effect!

Nice job!

Nice job to you too, voice. That guy ran ran down to our end of the court, and the booing was so loud down there it was almost palpable. You could definitely see he was mighty uncomfortable during that timeout. I was thinking that he's probably never been treated that way at Mabee Center before, and I'm sure it was a little shocking to him.

Seriously, it wasn't 1 min after he was boooed like crazy that he enthusiastically called a hand checking call on a valpo guard. This is the type of presence that we need more of.

• 2 weeks later...
The booing of the official on Saturday night was AWESOME! I have never heard that kind of collective effect from the fans at the Mabee Center. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and you could tell it rattled the ref cause he was turning red and shifting nervously all throughout the timeout. It would have continued throughout the time out if it wasn't for the promotion that was going on. When we started it up again after the time-out, I was just amazed. If we could get that kind of crowd at the UMAC this weekend and respond in the same way when we see horrible calls, it could make the difference for the game. C'mon Eagle Fans! Let's turn the UMAC into the Post-Season Mabee!

This SAME GUY was officiating the first round NIT game between Stanford and the University of Virginia tonight. NO fireworks in that game - that crowd treated him really nice. He'll probably want to go back and ref there again.