NEW BASKETBALL COURT!

SOLO_Gold

Maybe a blue court like Boise State?.... :blink:

Any chance the Athletic Dept. will sell pieces of the old floor to raise a little money for the program? If it's the original floor, and I belive it is, there's been a lot of great memories and tremendous athletes play on it. Am I crazy to want a piece to display in my man cave?

Go Big Blue!

Rob

They need to put tennis balls on the legs of all the chairs on the TU end of the court! ;-)

resizedTennis%20ball%20chair%20legs.jpg

Did TU decide to play us this year?

Any chance the Athletic Dept. will sell pieces of the old floor to raise a little money for the program? If it's the original floor, and I belive it is, there's been a lot of great memories and tremendous athletes play on it. Am I crazy to want a piece to display in my man cave?

Go Big Blue!

Rob

I'm not sure, but I THINK I've heard some talk about that very thing. Maybe somebody more connected can tell us if there are any plans.

I'm with you, ORob, I'd love to have a piece of history hanging in my office.

• Upvote 1

Did TU decide to play us this year?

My understanding is that we WILL play - I don't know if a date has been determined yet.

The court looks nice but who does Eli have pictures of?....he's awfully big, isn't he?..... :blink:

Thats one BIG BIRD maybe itll help us win some mascot fights! :shock:

US?.....this coming from the same guys who's rooting for WVU in the opener?..... :blink:

buckets off Eli should be worth 4 pts...

LINK

New meaning to the phrase "a shot from the wing". :razz:

Some noticeable changes:

• Just one 3-point line now - the girls line has moved back to match the boys.

• The "no-charge" arc under each basket.

Looks very clean - I like it!

New meaning to the phrase "a shot from the wing". :razz:

great point...no doubt there's a "Wingstop timeout shot" in the future.

Some noticeable changes:

• Just one 3-point line now - the girls line has moved back to match the boys.

• The "no-charge" arc under each basket.

Looks very clean - I like it!

i agree it looks nice and clean. i like the lighter wood. i think the OSU court looks real good on TV.

i know i'm in the minority, but i still say the ORU w/flame at mid-court and miniature Eli's opposite the 'Mabee Center' on top and bottom would look great.

There's been some discussion on Twitter about dropping "Expect a Miracle" from the end zone. I personally think it's a great line, associated with the university for a long time. I may be in the minority here, but I think keeping a historical perspective linking us to our past is SO important to the program. Like the flame, that phrase ties the current and future with the past. It represents a strong tie to the ministry of the founder of the university, as well.

I definitely think it should stay.

Wojcik and his chairs reminds me of a funny story from last year involving Karl Malone and the floor of his alma mater at Louisiana Tech (not sure if it was already posted here):

Karl Malone allegedly throws chairs in a dumpster

Also, I would probably be in the camp favoring the removal of "Expect a Miracle" from the endline, but I'm not a huge fan of the giant Praying Hands at the front entrance either, so..

mike minyard has posted a bunch of diff floor looks on his twitter account. i'm obviously partial to the last one, but they all look pretty good.

LINK

http://twitpic.com/5p4qbs

http://twitpic.com/5p4qey

http://twitpic.com/5p4qji

http://twitpic.com/5p4qnp

http://twitpic.com/5p6cwt

http://twitpic.com/5p6jhr

As one of the "old guys" on this board.....TheEagleman would be heartbroken if EXPECT A MIRACLE was ever removed from the basketball court....that one phrase says it all about Oral Roberts and the University he founded....it also has been part of the basketball and athletic programs throught the years....let's pray that it's always on the court because that phrase is mostly why the University was founded and still exists in 2011.... :wink:

As one of the "old guys" on this board.....TheEagleman would be heartbroken if EXPECT A MIRACLE was ever removed from the basketball court....that one phrase says it all about Oral Roberts and the University he founded....it also has been part of the basketball and athletic programs throught the years....let's pray that it's always on the court because that phrase is mostly why the University was founded and still exists in 2011.... :wink:

Per MM this PM:

"MikeMinyard Mike Minyard

@RobMarshall918 There will be new actual hardwood next month. The last court has been around 30+ years. Expect A Miracle will stay."

As one of the "old guys" on this board.....TheEagleman would be heartbroken if EXPECT A MIRACLE was ever removed from the basketball court....that one phrase says it all about Oral Roberts and the University he founded....it also has been part of the basketball and athletic programs throught the years....let's pray that it's always on the court because that phrase is mostly why the University was founded and still exists in 2011....

I wholeheartedly agree. One of your best posts ever. I am very glad to hear that Expect A Miracle will remain! We have seen many miracle finishes on that court over the years and that phrase sets our court apart from any other in the country.

Yes, Jason...It's important that we never forget what our founder stood for and why ORU exists...many other so-called "Christian schools" have forgotten their roots over the years....every time a game is televised from Mabee Center people see that phrase and it speaks to them in whatever their situation may be and gives them hope.....so it's not always about basketball....TheEagleman is thankful that for almost 50 years now, the original ideals of ORU have never been compromised....what Oral believed in 1963 is still what ORU believes today....EXPECT A MIRACLE!.... :wink: