Sunday Fort Worth Regional Semifinal

tmh8286

Looking back, ORU has been a giant-killer in situations like this in the past. Knocking out Arkansas in the Fayetteville Regional and Wichita State in the Wichita Regional come to mind - there may be others. What are the chances we could do it again?

This has been the most inconsistent ORU baseball team in a long time, and the chances of pulling a second upset in a row are probably slim. But don't count us out - we've done it before and we can do it again!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theeagleman5

• ORUTerry

• ORUalum

• ManiacAlum

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear ya, TMH....if we wanna win this thing, we probably are better off having to beat host TCU only once and then have to beat DBU twice...not saying that ORU is gonna do it....it's a long shot for sure but we would have no shot taking the Frogs twice at home....but this Dallas Baptist team appears to be on a roll....they've got some Mojo going and just might advance to the Super Regionals next week.... :ugeek:

ORU also crushed Nebraska at home in an elimination game in '08. Hopefully we can keep it close today.

I hear ya, TMH....if we wanna win this thing, we probably are better off having to beat host TCU only once and then have to beat DBU twice...not saying that ORU is gonna do it....it's a long shot for sure but we would have no shot taking the Frogs twice at home....but this Dallas Baptist team appears to be on a roll....they've got some Mojo going and just might advance to the Super Regionals next week.... :ugeek:

I was talking more about taking down the host than winning the regional. We're only one win away from sending TCU packing, but three wins away from taking it all.

I'd forgotten about the Nebraska win. Great point, alum!

According Mike Minyard, who is in the stands in Fort Worth, Bryce Smolen will be on the bump to start the game today. That's the logical choice, but I wouldn't have minded seeing Gonzalez get another stab at it. He only pitched two innings on Friday, and I think he needs a little success to help his confidence.

Maybe we could see him come in in relief if Smolen needs it - or maybe not!

TCU pitcher out with sore elbow.... They did not have anyone in the bullpen.

I am at the ballpark (happpened to be at an energy conference in Las Colinas). Nice ORU crowd. It is really really hot.

It would be nice to get this game and see what we can do against DBU.

Good guys string together several line drives to take a 4-2 lead in the bottom of the 3rd.

ORU produces 4 runs in the bottom of the third to take a 4 to 2 lead. It is 112 degrees on the field.

I wonder how many times the umpires are gonna let TCU lean in and get hit by pitches this weekend. Can't complain about a 4-2 lead though! Come on!

wow, that was horrible base running by TCU. spring escapes, but it looks like he may be spent.

The TCU fans around us were livid... The kid ( or coach) messed up twice. Nice for us.

Runners at 1st and 2nd, 1 out...gotta make something happen here

Still 4-2 ORU in the 5th and we have a rally going on.....this is a lot better than TheEagleman had hoped for.... :ugeek:

Quick double play . Would have been nice to keep them in the field longer.

It's now 113 degrees on the field.