1969-70 Basketball Media Guide

tmh8286

I just got my hands on a 1969-70 media guide. Kind of interesting. With things a little slow on the board now, I thought I'd post a few pages of interest from it:

scanimage0012.jpg

Long-time athletic dept. secretary Mary Lou Camp was one of the cheerleaders.

scanimage0032.jpg

First year SID Bob Brooks, one of the many hats he wore in over forty years of association with ORU.

scanimage0042.jpg

Ralph Fagin in his senior year - over forty years later he's still contributing to ORU.

scanimage0052.jpg

Both of these guys are still in Tulsa - Harris we talked about recently for the fact that over many years of coaching he never directed a single player from Booker T. Washington to ORU. Haywood Hill, last I knew, was still officiating basketball around the Tulsa area. I sat at his table a few years back at the pre-season barbecue.

scanimage0072.jpg

I thought it was interesting that they illustrated the modes of travel for the ORU team.

scanimage0112.jpg

How about THIS schedule??? I don't recognize a single school on there!

scanimage0132.jpg

Great stuff, TMH!!....a couple years before my time at ORU but it still brings back memories of the old days....TheEagleman attended his first ORU basketball game during a weekend visit at the old HRC in November, 1971....it was packed and very loud in that building....those were good times.... :-)

love the blazer w/logo. very hank stram of coach trickey. oh and how about the team limo. did they get take it out on Saturday nights in tulsa?

BTW, I'm always looking for old ORU media guides. I'm particularly interested in ones from the 80's and 90's. If you have any that you'd be interested in parting with, let me know!

BTW, I'm always looking for old ORU media guides. I'm particularly interested in ones from the 80's and 90's. If you have any that you'd be interested in parting with, let me know!

I should have looked a little more closely - there are a couple of names I recognize that we played that year. But many I've never heard of - I wonder if they're still around - Sul Ross State - Bellarmine - Hiram Scott - Pershing College?

This was only the fourth year of the program. I've also got a 1966-67 "media guide" - nothing more than a trifold flyer. Seems like I may have posted it before. It doesn't list any stats - there were no stats to list!! But it does seem like there is a list of teams played the previous year.

Love those original powder blue unis....any chance ORU will ever wear those throwbacks in a game someday....maybe we should always wear throwbacks on Homecoming for us old timers.... ;-)

Very cool thread, indeed. I love looking back at old media guides. Interestingly enough, ORU played at Eastern New Mexico University (my alma mater) that season. The Greyhounds advanced to the 1970 NAIA Final Four and they won it all in 1969.

Jupiter Out

GO LOBOS!! GO HOUNDS!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!