ORU vs SUU Game 3

theeagleman5

It appears that game 3 has been moved back to 4pm due to the weather...if it's rained out we are playing a DH tomorrow starting at 9am....geez....better have the coffee brewing at JLJ that early in the morning.... :P

Weather.com appears to show that the nasty weather should pass thru Tulsa before the 4pm start time...hopefully the field isn't flooded....TheEagleman won't be around tonight since I am heading to the Phillies vs. Rangers game in Philly.....bring home another win tonight....Go Blue!.... ;-)

SDSU is leading IPFW 4 to 0 in the bottom of the 6th inning and the Rabiits are still batting. The game started at 12:30 this (Friday) afternoon.

Livestats Link

ORU is going to have to sweep this series...it appears that SDSU will not lose to IPFW....I guess we go with Bowen today and Johnson on Saturday?.... :ugeek:

Just win 2 and we're good, there's no better time for a sweep.

not sure if it is a 7 or 9 inning game, but after 4 1/2 innings IPFW up 4-2 on SDSU

ORU up 4-0 and still batting with 1 out in 1st; Winecki bunt single, stole 2nd. Baligod single to score Winecki, Elder walk. Schiller double to score Baligod. Schlehuber double to score Elder and Schiller.

Rabbits blink first.

ORU 5-0, no outs, bottom 2nd.

In the top of the 9th inning, IPFW is leading SDSU 5 to 4.

Wow... all three of us posted the SDSU vs. IPFW score at the same time.

lol, I edited my score update. I was just amazed they didn't come back. Somehow, they never not come back in any home game. Oh well, see ya in Tulsa next year.

Meanwhile, ORU threatening to run-rule this game, up 9-0 still in 2nd.

Just to clarify, the IPFW-SDSU game was the 7 inning second game of the DH, and IPFW won in extras. Since ORU won 12-2 by 7th inning run rule today, the tournament will be back in Tulsa next May! And with a win (or, for that matter, a rainout) tomorrow, the Eagles will win the Summit regular season outright. NICE...

ORU run-rules Southern Utah in the bottom of the 7th by a 12-2 score, clinching 1st Place, the #1 seed next week at the conference tournament, and the option to host the tournament next season in Tulsa.

Open conference tournament play in Sioux Falls Thursday afternoon vs. Western Illinois. SDSU and NDSU play in the nightcap Thursday.

Ah,Yes.....the only thing better for TheEagleman than watching Roy Halladay beat the Texas Rangers tonight is coming home and finding out that ORU beat SUU soundly while SDSU lost to IPFW....the #1 seed is ours and the Summit Tournament is back in Tulsa next season....now we just have to go up to Sioux Falls and take care of business next week....I am wondering if Coach Walton goes with Bowen or Gonzalez in Game 1 vs. WIU....Both pitched fantastically the past two days....TheEagleman's guess is that Bowen goes up first vs. the Leathernecks and Gonzo is saved for Game 2 probably vs. host SDSU.... :ugeek: