SDSU at ORU Game 1

theeagleman5

Sounds like ORU got great pitching tonight along with a few timely hits and won the opener vs SDSU by 4-2 at JLJ tonight....big win for the good guys....TheEagleman will be interested in hearing reports from those in the stadium....pressure now goes on the Jacks in the first game tomorrow...they almost have to win it considering the prospect of facing our ace Gonzo in the nightcap....anybody know why Bowen only went 3 innings tonight?....hope he isn't injured.....Spring came on with 4 scoreless innings and Rush gets the 1-2-3 save....ORU only a game back now....are we finally on a roll?.... :wink:

Sounds like ORU got great pitching tonight along with a few timely hits and won the opener vs SDSU by 4-2 at JLJ tonight....big win for the good guys....TheEagleman will be interested in hearing reports from those in the stadium....pressure now goes on the Jacks in the first game tomorrow...they almost have to win it considering the prospect of facing our ace Gonzo in the nightcap....anybody know why Bowen only went 3 innings tonight?....hope he isn't injured.....Spring came on with 4 scoreless innings and Rush gets the 1-2-3 save....ORU only a game back now....are we finally on a roll?.... :wink:

He gave up to many walks and to many hits!

Hummmm....those are good reasons...... :ugeek:

I know for awhile there Bowen couldn't get it across the plate, he threw 6 or 7 straight balls. Didn't help that the home plate ump was squeezing him. I don't know what the deal was but Walton didn't waste any time bringing in Spring, who did a great job working out of a couple jams. Also Ligouri and Rush cleaned up to kill any hope of a late-inning rally, with some help from Sowers making a great play at 3rd.

Other than not getting a lot of hitting, still a good night in the field for ORU. Not making mistakes and taking advantage of theirs.

I know for awhile there Bowen couldn't get it across the plate, he threw 6 or 7 straight balls. Didn't help that the home plate ump was squeezing him. I don't know what the deal was but Walton didn't waste any time bringing in Spring, who did a great job working out of a couple jams. Also Ligouri and Rush cleaned up to kill any hope of a late-inning rally, with some help from Sowers making a great play at 3rd.

Other than not getting a lot of hitting, still a good night in the field for ORU. Not making mistakes and taking advantage of theirs.

Were you at the game or listening to the broadcast, ManiacAlum? We had a graduation party to attend this evening, but it wasn't too far from ORU, and I planned on going on over after we left the party - ended up staying too long, though, and the game was over by the time we got to the car.

Glad the good guys won! I DID listen to the first few innings, though. Bowen was just struggling. He gave the Jacks lead-off walks in at least two of the three innings he pitched. He also loaded the bases twice in those three innings. I think Walton just had him on a short leash.

Also Eagleman, I agree- I would feel pretty good if we were able to steal game 1 tomorrow with their ace throwing, knowing that Gonzalez is waiting in the nightcap. Tonights win was crucial.

TMH, I actually did sneak in to town after work for the game tonight. Did not expect that type of weather, felt like fall out there. Funny, even the SDSU fans/players were bundled up.

I missed at least a couple innings just trying to get on campus. All entrances were blocked for awhile because there was zero parking due to a graduation at Mabee. One of the guys working advised me to park at victory and walk onto campus. After driving around for a bit, the guy at the front entrance let me in to the student parking lot, and security let me down into the lower lot....good thing I spent a few years getting around this campus or I would have been lost.

Good win tonight though, other than a few opposing fans who thought every sdsu pitch was a strike, I enjoyed it! Haha

SDSU had fans at the game?...TheEagleman is impressed....so the Jacks didn't throw their "ace" last night?....he's going in Game 1 today?....I guess ORU will have Johnson starting in Game 1 and Gonzalez in the nightcap..... :ugeek:

SDSU had fans at the game?...TheEagleman is impressed....so the Jacks didn't throw their "ace" last night?....he's going in Game 1 today?....I guess ORU will have Johnson starting in Game 1 and Gonzalez in the nightcap..... :ugeek:

When I finally got back to the car and got the radio on, with the game already over, Geoff talked about the kid that will be pitching for SDSU in the first game - he pitches a low-90s fast ball, and, according to Geoff, the stands will be full of scouts watching this kid.

As far as SDSU fans, Geoff said they had quite a few, and in the early going they were quite boisterous in the crowd mike. Rather irritating, I might add . . . :wink:

When I finally got back to the car and got the radio on, with the game already over, Geoff talked about the kid that will be pitching for SDSU in the first game - he pitches a low-90s fast ball, and, according to Geoff, the stands will be full of scouts watching this kid.

As far as SDSU fans, Geoff said they had quite a few, and in the early going they were quite boisterous in the crowd mike. Rather irritating, I might add . . . :wink:

The Marlins drafted him in the 23rd round last year. There is talk that he has moved up and may go in the single didget rounds this year.

The SDSU fans are definitely 'exuberant', they cheer everything. A few times I wasn't totally sure we were still winning.