SDSU vs. ORU series thoughts...

theeagleman5

Maybe you ORU baseball fanatics can help answer this one....when is the last time we've seen such a huge regular season Summit League series at JLJ?....not recently I think....the Jacks come in on a 28-4 run in their last 32 games which is not good for ORU....however, only one of those wins comes over a .500+ team and SDSU has NEVER won a game in Tulsa at JLJ....TheEagleman has to think that the home team is "jacked up" for this series against the first place team....this is their big chance to turn around what has been a overall disappointing campaign with no consistancy....Tuesday night's 9th inning comeback at Wichita State was a good start....the bats are heating up with the weather....hopefully some nice weather in Tulsa this weekend....looks like near 70 degrees and sunny all three days .....the first game tomorrow night is going to tell the tale....TheEagleman thinks that if ORU gets Game 1....we will go on and win at least 3 of 4 and take over first place with the tiebreaker advantage due to head to head play....should be a great weekend and TheEagleman wishes he could be there for all three days....Let's hope for a nice enthusiastic ORU crowd....Go Blue!.... :wink:

Folks taking note of my Rabbits,

Baseball America:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/college/weekend-preview/2011/2611731.html

ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/ncaa/notebook/_/page/week13preview/week-13

and a little about the Summit at the bottom:

http://espn.go.com/ncaa/blog/_/name/ncaa_baseball

Should be a great weekend. Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!

Maybe you ORU baseball fanatics can help answer this one....when is the last time we've seen such a huge regular season Summit League series at JLJ?....not recently I think....the Jacks come in on a 28-4 run in their last 32 games which is not good for ORU....however, only one of those wins comes over a .500+ team and SDSU has NEVER won a game in Tulsa at JLJ....TheEagleman has to think that the home team is "jacked up" for this series against the first place team....this is their big chance to turn around what has been a overall disappointing campaign with no consistancy....Tuesday night's 9th inning comeback at Wichita State was a good start....the bats are heating up with the weather....hopefully some nice weather in Tulsa this weekend....looks like near 70 degrees and sunny all three days .....the first game tomorrow night is going to tell the tale....TheEagleman thinks that if ORU gets Game 1....we will go on and win at least 3 of 4 and take over first place with the tiebreaker advantage due to head to head play....should be a great weekend and TheEagleman wishes he could be there for all three days....Let's hope for a nice enthusiastic ORU crowd....Go Blue!.... :wink:

We have won games in Tulsa at JLJ, just not against you. Of course we have only played 6 games against ORU at JLJ. We are 4-5 in Summit League Tourney games at JLJ :P I am looking forward to listening to the games this weekend. 8-)

TheEagleman stands corrected....the Jacks are 0-6 vs. ORU at JLJ but have beaten other teams in Tulsa during the tournament...let's hope for at least 7 strong innings from Bowen tonight.... :ugeek:

Folks taking note of my Rabbits,

Baseball America:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/college/weekend-preview/2011/2611731.html

ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/ncaa/notebook/_/page/week13preview/week-13

and a little about the Summit at the bottom:

http://espn.go.com/ncaa/blog/_/name/ncaa_baseball

Should be a great weekend. Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!

Rabbit propaganda on the ORU board!! We'll see how much of it has relevance by Sunday afternoon. Good thing Old Titan doesn't visit here much these days - I'm sure your post would result in a tirade.

No need of a tirade - it's pretty simple:

1. We have not been very good so far this year, for whatever reasons.

2. Still, would not be surprised if we gave a mediocre SDSU squad all they can handle this weekend.

3. SDSU fans are still the kings of passive aggression.

I hope we 'run up the score' (run rule 'em) on the Rabbits so Terry V. can write another article about sportsmanship.... /s

I'll give Vandrovec credit for one thing, he plays the part of "homer" beat writer pretty well. He made sure to squeeze every last drop of positive information available-- all the way down to SDSU's lone win over .500 straddling Minnesota (19-18 overall), while somewhat glossing over other events:

2010 Summit Tournament

Anything could happen this weekend and in the tournament, I could see SDSU winning as they are a very good team, while ORU has not been, at least consistently.

But I do have a hard time seeing even this ORU team just getting completely out-slugged in JLJ in multiple games. ORU pitching has to at least do their part keeping SDSU off the bases. Can't allow them to enjoy their usual method of getting runners on via walks or errors and then let them hit the ball all over the yard.

It seems the top half of the order has woken up since the IPFW series, need a big weekend from those guys.

Two good teams, best in the Summit, battling for #1 with a week to go in the season. Good weather, nice field, ORU should get good crowds in for this weekend's games.

Go Jacks!!!!

I hope we 'run up the score' (run rule 'em) on the Rabbits so Terry V. can write another article about sportsmanship.... /s

That's pretty stinkin' funny.

Ironic how one man's "running up the score" is another man's "offensive juggernaut".

We really do need to sweep these guys, so we can host the tournament next season as the defending regular season champ.

Otherwise, we might get stuck playing for an NCAA berth in 2012 at that intramural field they call a "stadium" in Brookings.

It's true that this 2011 team isn't the usual top notch ORU squad we are used to seeing....not sure what will happen this weekend but SDSU has run up a very impressive record against mediocre competition...this weekend they play four games against an above .500 team....we will see what the Jacks are made off....big game in the opener tonight...this will set the tone for the series....if the Jacks can get out of Tulsa with just a split....well, they will have pretty much wrapped up the regular season title.....still, the NCAA berth won't be decided until the last week of May in Sioux Falls....but TheEagleman still wants that #1 seed and the tournament back in Tulsa next year..... ;-)