ESPN Bracketology updated

ORUTex

Now that we're the 1 seed, we've replaced IUPUI in the projection. Lunardi has us as a 15 seed in Dayton, against Ohio State. 15 seed is probably right - with some upsets I think we could sneak up to a 14. I know the locations and matchups are a wild guess, but that would be almost a home game for Ohio State.

Would be a sweet draw... (the) Ohio State is by far the weakest projected 2 seed! Other projected 2s: Gonzaga, Texas, and Pitt.

Gregg Doyel on sportsline still has IUPUI in as a 16 seed :(

Anybody think winning 3 games by double digits in the mid-con tourney could improve our chances at drawing a 'weaker' #2 team? Not that that's easy to do but just as a what if.

Guest EagleBackr
Anybody think winning 3 games by double digits in the mid-con tourney could improve our chances at drawing a 'weaker' #2 team? Not that that's easy to do but just as a what if.

...not one darn bit.

This is what Tony Mejia said for the Mid-Con

Mid-Con (1)

Projected champ: Oral Roberts.

Preseason favorite Oral Roberts took advantage of an IUPUI collapse in the regular season's final week to claim a share of the league title and the No. 1 seed in the Mid-Con Tournament. At this point, they once again look like the most formidable team in the conference, especially with star guard Ken Tutt back in the lineup and playing well after healing a broken foot.

He has us as a 15 seed playing LSU.

Mejia is really good at predictions. I have a new respect for that guy this season.

Just found some math geeks probability of predicting ncaa tourney

advancment. Data current as of 2002, Four #15 seeds have advanced in last 17years. When you jump up one seed to #14, 13 teams have advanced in last 17 years. Our chances nearly triple by getting #14. Lets win the mid-con and pray for some upsets. Of course if we play

like saturdays game against western, we'll be lucky to be danc'n

in Cains ballroom.

link: www.stat.auckland.ac.nz/~iase/publicati ... _49_kr.pdf

Here's the breakdown on new bracketology today:

Tony Mejia (CBS) has ORU as a 15 seed playing Texas in the first round.

Joe Lunardi (ESPN) has ORU as the play-in game against Southern.

Gregg Doyel (CBS) has IUPUI as a 16 seed.

Let's hope that Mejia is right.

I was mad that Lunardi had us as the play in game until I saw Doyel's dang prediction. I am likeing Mejia more and more everyday.