Jose Trevino nears national home run mark

ORUalum

Jose Trevino nears national home run mark

John Paul II slugger Jose Trevino leads the nation with 22 home runs and 76 RBI.

Jose Trevino of John Paul II (Corpus Christi, Texas) is the national leader in home runs, and it isn't even close.

Through 30 games this season and just 101 official at-bats, Trevino has belted 22 home runs. The next closest player on the MaxPreps home run leaderboards is David Thompson of Westminster Christian (Miami, Fla.) with 12. Trevino's own teammate, Kyle Munquia, is next with 11.

With eight games still left on the schedule and a possible deep run in the TAPPS playoffs for Centurions (they won the TAPPS state championship last year), Trevino could break the state season home run record and he even has a shot at topping the national season home run record.

The district MVP last year and an all-state selection, Trevino has signed to play at Oral Roberts University next season. He also a chance of being drafted in the Major League Baseball Draft in June.

"I'm excited about the draft and I want to do it for my family," he said. "Having scouts at my games makes me focus more. I've been working hard because there is always someone trying to outwork you."

FULL ARTICLE

WOW!....what are the chances of this kid being a high draft pick and foregoing college at ORU?....would be nice to see this freshman in our line up next year...the way things are going this year, we can use the power infusion... :ugeek:

i don't think high schools go to the new BBCOR bats until next year. however, those are pretty impressive numbers no matter what you are swinging.