ORU's season ends with WNIT loss

ORUTerry

Razorbacks roll over Eagles as Luper scores career-low four points.

20110324_b1oruwomen0324.jpg

ORU's Kevi Luper tries to keep control of the ball as she dribbles past the Arkansas defense Wednesday during the WNIT game at the Mabee Center. JAMES GIBBARD/Tulsa World

(excerpt)

By MIKE BROWN World Sports Writer

Published: 3/24/2011 2:25 AM

Last Modified: 3/24/2011 7:35 AM

Fall behind early, seem overmatched, hang on for dear life, and somehow be ahead when the game ends.

That formula worked for Oral Roberts' women in Monday's WNIT basketball win over Tulane, but not Wednesday when Arkansas visited for a third-round game.

The powerful Razorbacks sprinted to leads of up to 21 points and coasted to a 78-59 win before 1,843 spectators, largest paid crowd to see a women's game at the Mabee Center this season.

Read the rest of the story here.

Good article....good season....even better on the way next year....Kevi and ORU will be NCAA bound..... :clap::inlove::clap:

I agree Eagleman, sky is the limit for this team next year. I hope Georgia Jones carries over the confident 3 point shooting she ended the season with. If she can hit like that next year when Kevi gets doubled, it will be very nice. I know Georgia has always been good, but maybe was not as confident early this season. I also loved Dominique Allen's rebounding. I hated seeing them lose that way, but actually saw Many positives for next year, because Kevi being held to that low a point total is a fluke we will not have to worry about. Could really go on about all of them. Jordan Pyle is always so tough in there. This team gets contributions from so many different players.

Thanks for a great season Ladies. We are proud of all of you!