Arkansas at ORU...

theeagleman5

While TheEagleman was sleeping last night, an 899 foot Jesus appeared to me and said that it was OK with Him if everyone in Tulsa skipped Wednesday church services tonight at attended the ORU-Arkansas WNIT game at Mabee Center to cheer on the Golden Eagles.... :-P .........I know that we lost to the Lady Razorbacks in December by 17 but for some reason I think that ORU will be very motivated for some revenge tonight...we were not playing well during that stretch in Nov-Dec and right now our ladies are playing some of their best ball of the season....hopefully, a big crowd on hand to cheer them to victory.....and yes, TheEagleman DOES see a victory tonight....maybe even overtime.....ORU 99....ARKANSAS 96..... :cool:

Oh well...TheEagleman was WAY off tonight...not going well at Mabee Center....ORU ladies down 66-45 with 11 minutes left...Kevi with only 3 pts on 1-8 shooting....sounds like Arkansas has figured a way to shut down our star....she needs to put a few points on the board or she will blow her scoring lead....looks like the Golden Eagles will be drubbed tonight.....that's a shame....wonder how many people showed up?.... :'(

78-59 Final...ouch!....Kevi finishes with only 4 pts and 0 steals....the Lady Razorbacks did an incredible defense job....she may have lost that rare double-double....double ouch!.... :'( :worried:

I guess TheEagleman should have gone to church..... :rolleyes:

Tough loss. Kevi was exhausted from having to work so hard to get open. The refs called her for traveling a couple times when she was jump-stopping and shooting. You don't usually see that call unless the player takes an extra step after the jump stop. At a key point in the game with about 4-5 minutes left Kevi made a bucket that would have cut the lead to 11 but instead they called travelling on a jump-stop. Then Jerry complained as he should have and they gave Jerry a technical foul. I didn't see him do anything unusual to deserve a T. That was a 4-point swing and was too much to overcome. It really took the wind out of the girls' sails. We had 3 bad offensive possessions in a row after that.

Jerry made some adjustments mid-way through the 1st half that helped strengthen our defense but by then we were already down by 14 or so. Jordan Pyle got whistled for 2 fouls in a row in about a 30-second span. I think it was her 3rd and 4th foul. She played about 10 minutes after that with 4 fouls before finally fouling out. After Jordan fouled out, it was tough to get an offensive rhythm going. Kevi was fouled a few times throughout the game trying to get open off screens but those weren't being called.

Also, during an ORU offensive set in the 2nd half, one of the Arkansas defenders fell out of play into the high-dollar seats along the baseline. The ref blew her whistle and stopped play until the Arkansas player got back on the court. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you supposed to let the players play in a situation like that? I remember a men's game where one of our players got poked in the eye and couldn't see but the ref wouldn't stop play until the other team's offensive set was over. What is the rule in that situation?

Anyway, there was a good turnout and the crowd did a good job of staying involved even though we were down by double-digits for most of the game. Jaci Bigham played a lot in the 2nd half. I am amazed at how well she played on a torn ACL. Arkansas is a good team who hit a lot of their open looks. Their quickness and athleticism exposed a few of our team weaknesses but our girls still played with a lot of heart. Thanks to the Lady Golden Eagles for a great season and some great memories!

ORU played hard tonight, but were no match for the more athletic Razorbacks. Frustrating game in some ways, but hard-fought by the lady Eagles. There's no one thing that cost us the game - we just weren't able to keep up with the Hogs.

The ORU women provided some exciting times this season. I'm very proud of them, and very excited to have all of them coming back next year. Congratulations to them for a great season and exciting post-season play.

BTW - I was told after the game that the plan is, if ORU didn't win the game tonight Jaci Bigham will have surgery on her knee tomorrow. I guess it's under the lights one day, under the knife the next for Bigham!

Good season for the ORU ladies....next year should be even better!.... :y: