Articles from Tulane Athletic Website and Coaches Quotes

eagle-eye

Very classy comments from Tulane's coach - she could have complained about the calls/free throws at the end, but instead took the high road.

I thought the game was well officiated, though when I expressed that same sentiment to others in attendance, not all agreed. Still, I had no problem with most of the calls Monday night - even the technical on Jordan Pyle. I know the Tulane player did a great job of flopping to get attention, but two different refs simultaneously whistled Jordan for the "T" for her "push". Guess you just have to be smart about retaliating when someone baits you like that.

Very classy comments from Tulane's coach - she could have complained about the calls/free throws at the end, but instead took the high road.

I thought the game was well officiated, though when I expressed that same sentiment to others in attendance, not all agreed. Still, I had no problem with most of the calls Monday night - even the technical on Jordan Pyle. I know the Tulane player did a great job of flopping to get attention, but two different refs simultaneously whistled Jordan for the "T" for her "push". Guess you just have to be smart about retaliating when someone baits you like that.

Gracious in losing - I think it's one of the most admirable traits a good coach can have.

However, I'm not sure she agreed fully with your assessment of the officating, OT - from the Green Wave message board:

"I have never heard Stockton so mad before at the officials and she never throws excuses out there - and she isnt - but she is going OFF on them"

"That is a first for Lisa.

"We were not allowed to guard them"

"Turtle gets five fouls in a half. That does not happen""

Those remarks may have come from a radio interview - I haven't found them in print anywhere else.

Apart from those comments, generally positive posts about the game over there.

Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

I liked the quotes by former players - it is clear that she has and maintains respect from them. Impressive.

This says a lot... " And our ultimate goal is to help young women become champions in life." Gotta like that.