Dominique Allen has been a key reserve for ORU women's basketball team

ORUTerry

(excerpt)

By MIKE BROWN World Sports Writer

Published: 3/21/2011 2:23 AM

Last Modified: 3/21/2011 6:32 AM

Dominique Allen says she is content with her role as a bench contributor for the Oral Roberts women's basketball team.

"I've realized that I'm the one who's gonna do things behind the scenes - play defense and get offensive rebounds. That's kind of my style," she said

Head coach Jerry Finkbeiner wishes Allen would be more ambitious. He says the junior from Birmingham, England, could be a starter.

"She's got the complete package," he said. "She's athletic with good size (6-foot-2). She's the fastest girl on the team and the best jumper."

Finkbeiner said Allen needs to be aggressive at times.

Read the rest of the story here.

(excerpt)

By MIKE BROWN World Sports Writer

Published: 3/21/2011 2:23 AM

Last Modified: 3/21/2011 6:32 AM

Dominique Allen says she is content with her role as a bench contributor for the Oral Roberts women's basketball team.

"I've realized that I'm the one who's gonna do things behind the scenes - play defense and get offensive rebounds. That's kind of my style," she said

Head coach Jerry Finkbeiner wishes Allen would be more ambitious. He says the junior from Birmingham, England, could be a starter.

"She's got the complete package," he said. "She's athletic with good size (6-foot-2). She's the fastest girl on the team and the best jumper."

Finkbeiner said Allen needs to be aggressive at times.

Read the rest of the story here.

nice backhanded compliment.

I have been impressed with Dominique's assertiveness this year; especially the latter half. We haven't had a lot of bench production and this year, she has stepped up and given us some points and boards. And thankfully, that has been rewarded with additional minutes. She has turned a corner, I see her being more aggressive and mixing it up under the bucket. Good job Dom!!!!