Women Defeat TCU! Host Tulane on Monday

ttowncount

Congratulations to the women! We need to show up and support them on Monday night!!

Oral Roberts Tops TCU In Women's NIT

(from channel 8 news)

Kevi Luper scored 26 points and Jordan Pyle added 20 as Oral Roberts opened WNIT play with a 78-74 win over TCU Thursday night at Daniel-Meyer Coliseum in Fort Worth, Texas.

The Golden Eagles (21-10) led 38-37 at halftime and slowly began to pull away in the second half, building out to a 13-point lead on a lay-up by Luper with 8:51 remaining.

But, TCU didn't fold. The Horned Frogs chiseled away at the lead, trimming it to just two points on a pair of free throws by Emily Carter with 1:32 left on the clock.

After Luper pushed the advantage back to four with two of her own at the charity stripe, Carter pulled TCU (22-10) within a bucket again on a lay-up with three seconds left.

Read entire story here:

http://www.ktul.com/Global/story.asp?S=14274950

http://www.womensnit.com/showstory.asp?id=current&eventid=35

"Tulane improves to 23-10 and moves on to second round with 61-31 win over Southern (20-12). Tulane will face Oral Roberts (22-10) in the second round.

Auburn (16-15) moves past Tennessee Tech 68-54, and will face Toledo in the second round on Saturday at Noon EST in Toledo.

Oral Roberts (22-10) defeated TCU 78-74 and will now face the winner of the Tulane/Southern game in the second round. The Horned Frogs end their season 22-11. The Golden Eagles are making their second-consecutive trip to the WNIT, and third as a program."

Awesome that ORU gets a home gave vs. Tulane next Monday night!...TheEagleman hopes that we get at least 3000 fans in attendence and a lot of students.....this is a big chance for the ladies to advance to the final 8.... :smile:

Awesome that ORU gets a home gave vs. Tulane next Monday night!...TheEagleman hopes that we get at least 3000 fans in attendence and a lot of students.....this is a big chance for the ladies to advance to the final 8.... :smile:

the WNIT is a field of 64 teams...they'd be advancing to the sweet 16

I hope to be in the stands Monday night cheering on the ladies!

Had I not been out of the country for the last two weeks, I would have flown to Tulsa to see ORU beat Tulane. Amazing run. Love it.

Had I not been out of the country for the last two weeks, I would have flown to Tulsa to see ORU beat Tulane. Amazing run. Love it.

You need to make it up for Wednesday's game!