All-Conference Team and Player of the Year

ORUTerry

Let's get your picks for the All-Conference first team and the POY. Here is mine:

Caleb Green

Larry Owens

Dan Oppland

George Hill

Quinton Day

Could make a case for Carl Wooten.....

POY: Caleb Green - though a case could be made for Larry Owens. He did not have to deal with the double & triple teams that Green had to deal with.

Here is how the statistical rankings (Mid-Con games only) come out:

Scoring

1. Day - 22.8

2. Green - 21.6

3. Hill - 20.3

4. Oppland - 19.8

5. Wooten - 19.3

13. Owens - 14.2

Rebounding

1. Oppland - 8.5

2. Owens - 8.3

3. Green - 7.8

Field Goal Percentage

3. Hill - 57.9%

5. Owens - 55.6%

6. Green - 55.2%

Assists

2. Day - 4.43

8. Owens - 3.73

Free Throw Percentage

2. Wooten - 86.3%

6. Hill - 81.3%

8. Day - 79.8%

10. Green - 78.6%

Steals

1. Day - 2.93

2. Hill - 1.93

10. Owens - 1.33

3-Point FG Percentage

9. Day - 43.4%

3-Point FG Made

1. Wooten - 3.47

2. Day - 3.29

Blocked Shots

2. Owens - 1.67

Caleb Green PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Larry Owens

Dan Oppland

George Hill

Quinton Day (MY PLAYER OF THE YEAR)

Royce Parran

Usually they have 6 on the ifrst team for some reason....

my 2nd team

Cal Wooten

Dee Ayuba

Steve Barnes

David Holston

Brandon Cole

What a great Mid-Con tourney coming up... I feel 7 teams are capable of winning....

Will be making the trip down on Sunday morning... I am very excited about this tournament.... Can someone tell me about a good but also budget minded hotel in Tulsa near the UMAC.....

Can someone tell me about a good but also budget minded hotel in Tulsa near the UMAC.....

You can go to the Holiday Inn Express or Fairfield Inn which are real close by. Also, there is a Sleep Inn and a Quality Inn...all of these are for the budget minded folks. The best deals can probably be found at www.hotels.com, www.priceline.com and www.hotwire.com - cheaper than going to the hotel websites or to the hotel's reservation lines directly because they have already made the deals to buy these site's excess hotel room inventories.

OK, that's all the advertising on hotel rooms for this thread...let's keep this on task for the upcoming end-of-season awards!!

What about Coach of the Year Award? I think that you have to look to both Ron Hunter and Scott Sutton for this award. It will be interesting to see which one the media figures deserves it most.

Caleb Green (POY)

Quinton Day

Dan Oppland

George Hill

Calvin Wooten (Newcomer of the year)

Larry Owens

I see Ron Hunter as coach of the year, mainly because no one expected IUPUI to be this good.

First Team All-Conference -

Caleb Green (ORU)

Larry Owens (ORU)

Dan Oppland (Valpo)

Quinton Day (UMKC)

Calvin Wooten (Oakland)

George Hill (IUPUI)

Player of the Year - Caleb Green (ORU)

Newcomer of the Year - Calvin Wooten (Oakland)

Defensive Player of the Year - Quinton Day (UMKC)

Reggie Borges Award (6th man) - Chris Riouse (ORU)

Coach of the Year - Scott Sutton (ORU)

I'm picking Scott because I don't think he's won it before and Hunter has. I honestly think Larry-O would be a good choice for Defensive POY because he's in the top 10 in both steals, blocks, and defensive boards.

I'm too lazy to pick a 2nd, honorable-mention, or newcomer team, besides I haven't been following as closely this year and I haven't seen any games in person.

I think the POY and First-Team are pretty obvious (and I'll be very surprised if it doesn't match up like most here have stated).

POY - Green

First Team:

Oppland

Day

Wooten

Hill

Owens

The Coach of the Year is more of a toss-up. Hunter is a good candidate because he won with low expectations, but Sutton deserves a look for winning despite the loss of Ken Tutt. I know it's my Navy and Vegas showing, but I'll go with Sutton.