CIT Field of 24 Almost Complete

Old Titan

valpokid,

where have you been the last few years touting the "Horizon League version of the Crusaders"? despite playing in a higher rated conf vaplo's season ending rpi has been lower than ORU's.

2007-08

ORU - 54

Valpo - 101

2008-09

ORU - 142

Valpo - 260

2009-10

ORU - 126

Valpo - 186

RPI: Valpo 71, ORU 131 = Valpo

SOS: Valpo 116, ORU 169 = Valpo

Conference Rank: HL 11, SL 21 = Valpo

Geography: no way of knowing at this time

No way of "knowing your geography at this time"?

What, do you use a sextant or something and it's too cloudy?

ORU is in Tulsa, OK. You remember Tulsa: "America's Most Livable City", and the place where Valpo has never won a game on any court.

Valparaiso is in Valparaiso, Indiana - infamous as a hotbed for the KKK, and Al Capone's favorite place for bootlegging moonshine.

That's all the help you're getting.

And as for your profane cliche earlier: it may be a "fairly common expression" in the bar or bowling alley where you grew up, but for the rest of us with college educations and professional jobs, it's a clear indication of ignorance.

But considering the source, I suppose we really shouldn't be surprised...

• Upvote 1

This thread is hilarious. Thanks for stopping by Valpokid. If you're going to supply this kind of entertainment all the time, you're always welcomed to stop by... :D

No way of "knowing your geography at this time"?

What, do you use a sextant or something and it's too cloudy?

ORU is in Tulsa, OK. You remember Tulsa: "America's Most Livable City", and the place where Valpo has never won a game on any court.

Valparaiso is in Valparaiso, Indiana - infamous as a hotbed for the KKK, and Al Capone's favorite place for bootlegging moonshine.

That's all the help you're getting.

And as for your profane cliche earlier: it may be a "fairly common expression" in the bar or bowling alley where you grew up, but for the rest of us with college educations and professional jobs, it's a clear indication of ignorance.

But considering the source, I suppose we really shouldn't be surprised...

By geography I'm sure the CIT would like to group teams together in the same part of the bracket so that the travel distance is as minimal as possible. Hence why I don't know how/if geography will come into play until after the first round is complete.

By all means continue to go on berating me and Valpo while I have yet to say one derogatory thing about you, your university, or Tulsa as a city (which I will admit is quite nice - as long as it's not August- too hot for me). I'll be waiting for if you want to engage me in an actually mature conversation with objective data such as RPI, SOS, etc as I have presented. The only comment I made is that I would really like to see Valpo get the chance to beat you guys, which is the essence of a rivalry.

I'd also like to point out that I clearly went out of my way to apologize if I truly offended anybody with my "profane cliche" and I stand by that apology. I see that you are quick to not only disregard my apology, but to instead trash me and my education (of which you know nothing about). That is clearly not the mark of a Christian man, as I'm sure you would claim to be.

As for my college education, I'd be willing to bet that I've achieved a higher level of education than you have. At the very least, it could be no worse than whatever degree you have achieved, of that I can assure you.

Ah, yes - the old "hey-that's-not-Christian!" card is played once again, after the opposition realizes we can dish it out, too.

I questioned your intelligence and your judgment because you barged uninvited onto the message board of a Christian school, using profanity and basically looking to start to fight.

And then, once you get your nose bloodied, you act all offended?

I liked you better when you were obnoxious - at least it was honest.

Now, you simply sound like a South Dakota State fan.

Ah, yes - the old "hey-that's-not-Christian!" card is played once again, after the opposition realizes we can dish it out, too.

I questioned your intelligence and your judgment because you barged uninvited onto the message board of a Christian school, using profanity and basically looking to start to fight.

I was looking to start a bit of a fight. I'm not debating that, hence why I said I'd really like to level you guys. My nose is hardly "bloodied" by you and your fellow board members' hilariously childish comments directed toward the city of Valpo, the university, and our basketball team. All I'm saying is lose the PERSONAL attacks on ME when I have said nothing about you. I have no problem with you "dishing it out too" but debate my points without insulting me.

All I'm asking for is an apology from you, Old Titan, the only person on this board who went out of his way to personally attack me. I was polite enough to offer one to all of you who were offended by my earlier comment.

All I'm asking for is an apology from you, Old Titan, the only person on this board who went out of his way to personally attack me.

OK, if it will make you feel better:

I am truly sorry you are so ignorant. :hai:

Hello old ORU friends...havent posted in a while...tmh Im sure will remember me.

I see you guys made the CIT...just like Valpo. Good luck!

+1

Hello old ORU friends...havent posted in a while...tmh Im sure will remember me.

I see you guys made the CIT...just like Valpo. Good luck!

Sure, valpo92!! At least I think I'm thinking right - didn't you live in Tulsa and you and your dad came to a couple of our ORU/Valpo lunches?

Good to see you on the board again, 92 - and good luck to Valpo also!! I'd say something about loving to see the old rivalry have another go in the CIT, but that discussion got pernicious rather quickly, as I'm sure you read above!! :worried::worried:

I'd say something about loving to see the old rivalry have another go in the CIT, but that discussion got pernicious rather quickly, as I'm sure you read above!! :worried::worried:

Pernicious, you say?

Iniquitous, maybe.

Perhaps bordering on deleterious.

Pernicious, you say?

Iniquitous, maybe.

Perhaps bordering on deleterious.

Approaching vicious.

Sure, valpo92!! At least I think I'm thinking right - didn't you live in Tulsa and you and your dad came to a couple of our ORU/Valpo lunches?

Good to see you on the board again, 92 - and good luck to Valpo also!! I'd say something about loving to see the old rivalry have another go in the CIT, but that discussion got pernicious rather quickly, as I'm sure you read above!! :worried::worried:

Hi tmh- Oh, Im still here in T-town...and yes my father in law and I did attend several of the pregame lunches. Good times! I hope all is well with you and yours and again, good luck in the CIT.

Wow! I hadn't been on the board in over a week. Reading this entire thread at once was a great way to start my day this morning. ROFL Titan.

I know TMH, I shouldn't encourage him but "that was some funny stuff there, I don't care who you are." to quote a very none educated but still hilarious redneck.

Go Eagles

by the way, did everyone get the link to watch the game tonight online? If not, here you go.

Watch ORU online

Thanks, Ed. Had to stay in town today for important business development meetings so this is awesome!

SDSU's Scott Nagy contacted about vacant Northern Illinois job

"South Dakota State men’s basketball coach Scott Nagy today confirmed a report that he has been contacted about the vacant position at Northern Illinois.

The Illinois native is 275-174 in 15 seasons with the Jackrabbits, leading them to a 19-12 mark in 2010-11, their best since moving to the NCAA Division I level in 2004.

According to ESPNChicago.com, Gonzaga assistant Ray Giacoletti and Purdue assistant Paul Lusk are also in the mix.

Nagy told the Argus Leader that he was contacted by a head hunting firm last week, but has not heard anything since. NIU is looking to replace Ricardo Patton, who was let go after a four-year mark of 35-83."

Link