Portland @ Hawaii

Jacksonville @ East Carolina

Buffalo @ Quinnipiac

Northern Arizona @ Santa Clara

Tennessee Tech

East Tennessee State

Valparaiso

Furman

Ohio at Marshall makes #21 and #22, according to Chuck McGill of the Charleston (WV) Daily Mail.

That means just two teams left...

If we win, I would think the following teams would be logical opponents - because they would be reasonably close:

East Tennessee State (Johnson City, TN) - first game at home

Northern Iowa (Cedar Falls, IA) - first game at home

Air Force (Colorado Springs, CO) - first game at home

Valparaiso (Valparaiso, IN) - first game at home

Tennessee Tech (Cookeville, TN) - first game visitor

The problem is that the first four would probably require us to travel.

In a perfect world, Valpo gets sent here.

That would be a dream come true. Have any of the current players on our roster experienced our Rivalry with Valpo?

That would be a dream come true. Have any of the current players on our roster experienced our Rivalry with Valpo?

First of all, glad to see my login still works over here. Second, there's no way in hell Valpo will be coming to Tulsa. Our RPI is 71 and yours is 131. Also, if you guys want a chance to come to Valpo you'll likely have to win 2 games because the winner of Iona v. Valpo is most likely going to get a second round bye. Good luck against SMU and whoever else, I'd love a chance to watch you guys get leveled by the Horizon League version of the Crusaders.

First of all, glad to see my login still works over here. Second, there's no way in hell Valpo will be coming to Tulsa. Our RPI is 71 and yours is 131. Also, if you guys want a chance to come to Valpo you'll likely have to win 2 games because the winner of Iona v. Valpo is most likely going to get a second round bye. Good luck against SMU and whoever else, I'd love a chance to watch you guys get leveled by the Horizon League version of the Crusaders.

first of all, let me say i'm sorry it still does...stay classy valpo.

Congratulations on your RPI - nice to see you're now losing to a higher caliber of teams.

By the way, how's that conference switch working out for you guys? Raking in all those Horizon League trophies in all your other men's and womens' sports yet? No? Well, that's OK - it's all good because you're saving so much money now on diesel for the bus.

What a joke - still living off the past glories of one player making one shot over a decade ago. Really sad.

"Horizon League version of the Crusaders" = same old middle-of-the-pack pretenders, padding their resume with the same old cream puff non-conference schedule. Wish we had room for IU Northwest and Purdue North Central, but we were too busy playing actual Division 1 teams this year.

Here's hoping all goes according to plan, and we get to see the "Crusaders 2.Zero" version at the Mabee Center some time next week.

Because we all know how much Homer LOVES the Mabee Center!

• Upvote 2

Congratulations on your RPI - nice to see you're now losing to a higher caliber of teams.

By the way, how's that conference switch working out for you guys? Raking in all those Horizon League trophies in all your other men's and womens' sports yet? No? Well, that's OK - it's all good because you're saving so much money now on diesel for the bus.

What a joke - still living off the past glories of one player making one shot over a decade ago. Really sad.

"Horizon League version of the Crusaders" = same old middle-of-the-pack pretenders, padding their resume with the same old cream puff non-conference schedule. Wish we had room for IU Northwest and Purdue North Central, but we were too busy playing actual Division 1 teams this year.

Here's hoping all goes according to plan, and we get to see the "Crusaders 2.Zero" version at the Mabee Center some time next week.

Because we all know how much Homer LOVES the Mabee Center!

My point of bringing up RPI was not to start some kind of **** measuring contest, it was to point out that there is no way Valpo will have to travel to Tulsa, because after the first round the CIT is seeded based on RPI.

My point of bringing up RPI was not to start some kind of contest, it was to point out that there is no way Valpo will have to travel to Tulsa, because after the first round the CIT is seeded based on RPI.

OK, first off, clean up your language or you will be banned - you've been warned, and your posts aren't even close to being the kind of quality where we might look the other way. Ignorance and vulgarity, in your case, are not a winning combination.

Secondly, Einstein, if you would look closely at the criteria for the four seeds, you would see that RPI is but one of several factors that go into the decision, including strength of schedule, conference ranking, geographic location, etc.

So, feel free to stand there with your RPI in your hand all you like - we're not impressed. :shock:

You definitely don't play nice with others, valpokid. Who got your knickers in a wad? Why come over here and start talking trash anyway?

BTW, as Old Titan said, clean up your language or your login WON'T be working over here any more.

It's weird how the 'Horizon League version of the Crusaders' have that incredible RPI and still end up in the same tournament as ORU. Sounds like leaving the Summit is workin like gangbusters.

Heard a rumor we might host a second round game on Saturday night if we win on Wednesday. Your thoughts?

OK, first off, clean up your language or you will be banned - you've been warned, and your posts aren't even close to being the kind of quality where we might look the other way. Ignorance and vulgarity, in your case, are not a winning combination.

Secondly, Einstein, if you would look closely at the criteria for the four seeds, you would see that RPI is but one of several factors that go into the decision, including strength of schedule, conference ranking, geographic location, etc.

So, feel free to stand there with your RPI in your hand all you like - we're not impressed. :shock:

Sorry, I figured a bunch of adults would be able to handle my use of a fairly common expression. Also, I figured your board would automatically edit it anyway, if I actually offended anybody I'm truly sorry as that was not my intention.

Now to the real point.

RPI: Valpo 71, ORU 131 = Valpo

SOS: Valpo 116, ORU 169 = Valpo

Conference Rank: HL 11, SL 21 = Valpo

Geography: no way of knowing at this time

Also, I didn't come over here to trash your team in any way, unlike how you all have responded. I simply wanted to set you guys straight that Valpo will not be coming to Tulsa, no matter how you slice it (RPI, SOS, Conference Rank). Clearly, as a Valpo fan, I still would very much enjoy beating you guys; even being 4 years removed now from the rivalry.

You all need to take a bit of a chill pill.

I can understand a Valpo fan's fear of having to play a game in Tulsa.

Valpo: Winless in Tulsa = ORU

Spin control.

Valpo has always had a higher opinion of themselves than reality warrants.

Wake up and smell the 21st century - you're not that good, haven't been for a while.

Oh boy....a possible match with (V)Alpo is too good to be true for TheEagleman......we can play them anywhere but no way Homer wants to come to Mabee Center where he is ZERO for life....hey, is he still recruiting most of his players from those commie countries behind the iron curtain....whoops, I forgot that got torn down during the Reagan years..... :devil:<_<:twisted: