Congrats to Barry Hinson & Mizzou State

Guest EagleBackr

Guest EagleBackr

Missouri State defeats Creighton last night to forge a 3-way tie with Southern Illinois and Creighton for second place in the Missouri Valley at 12-6 (and a glossy 20-7 overall record). Wichita State won the league at 14-4. Media darling and #24-ranked Northern Iowa stumbled badly down the stretch, getting blown out by 22 at home on Senior Night to Bradley, then losing by one last night at Southern Illinois, to finish in a tie with Bradley for fifth at 11-7. Sets up a fascinating dilemma for the NCAA selection committee: Does the Valley get SIX teams in the Big Dance? Especially if Bradley manages to win the the MVC tournament. Frankly, I think they ALL deserve to get in. Especially since the other conferences in the region are down - the Big 12 only deserves 3 (OU, KU, Texas) and Conference USA should only get 2 (Memphis and UAB - Houston lost again last night)

You're right, the Valley is a great conference. If they don't get five teams in the tourney then it is highway robbery, and if a dark horse wins their conference tourney and everything plays out correctly then I could see them getting six teams in the tourney.

The Valley should get five, but I'd be (presently) surprised if they get more than four. Unfortunately, the NCAA doesn't always take the most deserving at-large candidates. If Bradley puts together a run in St. Louis than it will just send Creighton/SIU/Missouri State to the NIT.

I was traveling this past week in Kansas and watched the UNI-Bradley game. (They carry a lot of the MVC games because of Wichita State.) Bradley is peaking at the right time and UNI is in a serious downturn. Interesting how a season can ebb and flow.... The MVC should get at least five teams in. Wichita State and Missouri State are locks. Barry has the Bears playing their best ball of the year (except early in the season when we played them) right now. That should be a very interesting conference tournament.

As an aside, the Wichita community really gets behind Wichita State. I guess it is because they are the only school in town.

Guest Rob Marshall

This is an ORU message board, so please keep content on subject in the future. If you want to discuss Bears basketball and the MVC, there message boards designated for said topics. Thank you for your consideration. :wink:

PS ... I may have a couple of extra mid-court tix ($30 x 2 sessions = $60)for Friday's Valley tournament games (Wichita vs. 8/9 winner, SIU vs. 7/10 winner, MO St vs. UNI, and Creighton vs. Bradley) ... four (4) GREAT games so let me know via PM if you're interested!