Eagles snare No. 1 - TW (2-26-06)

ORUTerry

the "flop" has been with us for years and will continue to be. The only problem I have is when an official who is out of position calls the play. The Bluitt "flop" I mentioned was called by the guy on the other side of the floor, while the official with the same angle we had could obviously see it didn't happen...same thing with the Berdiel play that you mentioned. From under the basket, I'm sure it seemed Ali had been hit when Riouse cleared his arms, but from where I sat I would have to disagree. The underlying point here is twofold: 1-flopping happens on all teams, and although not necessarily taught, is not discouraged and 2- as long as officials let it happen it will continue. It's supposed to be a technical foul for unsportsmanlike conduct, but I've never seen it called. The fact is that Saturday night was about as bad an officiated game as I've seen in a long time..

and for your that are questioning Green, let me add on rejoiner. Actually I totally admire him for it, but when Green goes to the basket, especially to his right, he dips his shoulder which by rule is a charge. That my friends is a pro move and one he's added this year. I was impressed with it, but if you want to be "technical" it should be a foul on him.

And yes, IF I had a vote, and I don't....I would vote Green as the POY. He's earned it this year and I congratulate him.

Green has been called for that shoulder dip, or, alternatively, the little elbow "hook" he does quite a few times this season, rlh. Offensive fouls under the basket are large contributors to his too-large turnover stat.

I have been to every Valpo game at the Mabee Center and I don't remember Berdiel being such a thug. I watched the game again on TV and his elbow to Caleb's head had to be intentional because he had no play on the ball. Also, Berdiel was throwing elbows everytime he got the ball.

How is it that every Mid Con game I go to has me thinking that this is the worst officiated game I have ever seen?

Ken Tutt played great. Has he changed his shot? It sure looked like he was releasing it higher above his shoulder than before.

What's up with Homer still ordering fouls down by 10 with 10 seconds left?

I was a lil frustrated in the beginning of first half with the line ups on the floor. It seemed that we either had all post players and no fire power, or all guards with only caleb down low. Needless to say...

My eyes began to sparkle when I saw the line-up that started the second half: JB, Ken, Larry, Caleb, Mickey. I started getting all of these emotional feelings with goosebumps and the works. My feelings were validated as we began to pull away. I'm not sure that the coaches will keep this line-up to start on Sat, but it sure was good to see.