Should Oakland Throw the CSU Game?

Guest EagleBackr

Guest EagleBackr

If you're Greg Kampe, do you really WANT the #6 seed? It would mean having to win three nights in a row. Playing at #7 means a day off on Sunday if you manage the upset on Saturday vs. ORU or IUPUI. Plus, Oakland lost twice to #3 UMKC in the regular season, so it's not like that's any better match-up for the Grizzlies compared to IUPUI or ORU. Ethical question: should Kampe tank Saturday's game at CSU on purpose??

Only degenerate gamblers intentionally loose games. No way Kampe tanks for that purpose. The only thing i could see would be playing his bench, which is short, and rolling the dice. But d-1 coaches do not want to lose any games.

Kampe has already learned to do right and expect a miracle!

Besides, he could get the 5 seed and play the earlier game on Sunday, getting a couple more hours of rest for his team.

Guest EagleBackr

...part of playing devil's advocate is not necessarily believing in the position you are suggesting. In other words: I don't think blatantly throwing a game is right, either. But it's kind of like pitching to Barry Bonds with the tying run on second base and first base open: you don't want to intentionally walk him and put the winning run on, but maybe you want to nibble around the corners trying to make him go after a bad pitch, and if he walks, well; things could have been worse (like giving up a home run to him). Kampe doesn't want to intentionally throw the game, BUT if he happens to play his bench and/or seniors a lot and doesn't happen to win; well; things could have been worse (like playing three nights in a row as a #6). It should be interesting to see how he plays it on Saturday night...

Guest EagleBackr
Are you making a prediction there, EagleBackr?

Heck, no!! For all we know, the entire CSU team could come down with stomach flu and lose by thirty to five OU walk-ons!! Who knows?

Guest EagleBackr

Hmmmmmmmm........Chicago State, which runs something of a ball-control offense, scores a SEASON HIGH 91 points in defeating Oakland Saturday night, 91-80. Oakland now gets to play on Saturday night (vs. IUPUI) instead of on Sunday night (vs. UMKC). Doesn't exactly sound like they pulled out all the defensive stops, does it? Again I say, hmmmmmmm......

Wouldn't Chicago State had just at much at stake in this game? I mean, I might be wrong, but I think that the winner of this game was gonna get the #6 seed and the loser the #7 seed. Wouldn't Chicago State want an extra day off as well? I mean, these are the two teams that pulled upsets in the first round last year. lol, I'm surprised that the final score of this game wasn't something like 1-0.