Couple O Questions

Weatherdemon

Our company had it's all employee meeting at the Mabee Center today.

The Mabee Center staff would not let us take bottled water into the arena.

Why?

Don't soda, nacho's, pizza, and 4 year olds make a bigger mess than 18-55 years olds with a bottle of water?

Second question.

I was looking out over campus and thought about bringing my 2 and 3 year old over to walk around and check out all the cool buildings. Will security ask me to leave if I do?

To question number one, I would say, who knows? Maybe they just didn't want to have to have someone pick up the empties or something. Believe me, the kids in the crowd, including my own, make a huge mess during games.

Not sure if your second question is tongue in cheek, but the answer is no, security won't throw you out. It's a beautiful place to walk around on a warm day. Actually, I think the plan was kind of designed around the idea of visitors strolling the grounds. At certain times you can even go up to the observation platform in the Prayer Tower. It's pretty neat.

I'd be willing to GUESS the answers to your questions:

Why?

Don't soda, nacho's, pizza, and 4 year olds make a bigger mess than 18-55 years olds with a bottle of water?

They want to make money off concessions. Many arenas have similar policies. I don't think this is unique to Mabee Center.

Second question.

I was looking out over campus and thought about bringing my 2 and 3 year old over to walk around and check out all the cool buildings. Will security ask me to leave if I do?

I believe you and your guests would be welcome to walk around on campus. In fact, there is a visitor information center at the base of the Prayer Tower.

Thanks to both of you!

Acutally, concessions were not open but it didn't matter too much. I brought my water in anyway.

The campus question was serious. I didn't think it would be a problem but I wanted to ask.

On the prayer tower, you don't happen to know when it is open do you?

Guest EagleBackr

Why?

Second question.

No drinks allowed for events that don't feature concessions - your company would have to pay extra for a cleaning crew afterward if they want to allow concessions.

ORU is STILL (believe it or not) one of the biggest tourist attractions in the state. Thousands of visitors stroll the grounds every year. Doubt anyone is going to put you in a choke hold, but ya never know. I wouldn't wear a t-shirt saying "HI, I'M WEATHERDEMON!" if I were you - ya might get heckled by ORUProf or ttowncount...

WD, I wasn't able to find hours listed online anywhere; my guess is that they're open something like 9-5, Monday-Saturday.

ORU is STILL (believe it or not) one of the biggest tourist attractions in the state. Thousands of visitors stroll the grounds every year. Doubt anyone is going to put you in a choke hold, but ya never know. I wouldn't wear a t-shirt saying "HI, I'M WEATHERDEMON!" if I were you - ya might get heckled by ORUProf or ttowncount...

LOL,

I'll keep that shirt at home :wink:

If you see a 6'5 guy with a shaved head and a couple little boys walking around with TU gear on, there should be little question who it might be. :)

Thanks for your answers all!

Prayer Tower hours:

Tues - Sat: 10 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.

Sun: 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.

Closed on Monday.

Perfect for a weekend walk!

Thanks!