Western Illinois

r2b1

The Eagles pulled out the win, but let's be realistic....that was ugly. WIU went in to this game 0-5, but they have played a couple of really good teams. Regardless, the Eagles should have won this easily. Not sure what is going on - I don't particularly like what I see on offense or defense right now. Something is really off. Turnovers in the 1st half were horrendous (16) - although they did tighten that up in the 2nd half. They also didn't get to the FT line much (9 FT vs WIU's 24)- which is unusual for them - but given that it was away you can expect homerism from the refs. I'd like to see their assist:turnover ratio improve- it leads me to think they are a little out of control on offense. They should be able to fix that.

Next up: IUPUI

Probably a little lack of focus after the big win at Missouri State. I'm just really glad that we got the win. Hopefully the girls can regroup and get focused for the upcoming IUPUI game. A road sweep would be sweet.

To be just content to have a 2 pt, last second win over an 0-5 team is a bit short sighted. If the desire at the heart of the women's program at ORU is to make and contend in the NCAA tournament there has got to be better focus for your team. It seems that after having started following a team that produced excitement and wins with a style of play and returning talent, one now watches a team whose focus seems to be sporadic. It seemed last year that this was a program on the rise, but this year does not quite know if they want to play in a manner that brought them success or divert into what is uninteresting and has produced losses that seem far beneath their capabilities. This 2 pt win will be a 20 plus loss to many other teams in your conference. Let's hope the greatness of games like Missourri state and your other wins becomes the norm, otherwise it could be a very long season. Here's hoping for your success. It's nice to have a D-1 women's basketball team that is in Tulsa, that you feel could possibly contend in March.

Winning on the road is always tough at the D-1 level and let's face it....we ain't UConn....so we take this win and head over to IUPUI and hope for another....great clutch effort by Jaci to get that winning buzzer basket....yeah, this team has some work to do but starting out 1-0 in the Summit is a good thing....With wins by the ORU men and women and my Phila. Eagles, TheEagleman will sleep very soundly tonight and with a day off tomorrow.... ;)

let's face it....we ain't UConn....

True, but I think we could be the UConn of the Summit League with the talent we have. Given the right plan, intensity, and execution, I think it is doable.

Oh yeah...definitely....just beating SDSU, IUPUI, NDSU, Oakland, etc. on a regular basis would be sweet....TheEagleman has no expectations of us competing with the likes of UConn, Baylor, etc....did you see that game last week between the Huskies and Lady Bears....what a game!....the streak ALMOST was ended....I thought Baylor had them for a while....and to lose by 1 pt....somebody will probably beat UConn this year but they are very very good....and well coached....that being said...gotta love Coach Fink...he has some fine tuning to do but ORU should be a serious contender for the Summit big this year.... :)

Historically, Fink has his team's playing their best ball at the END of the season.

He is sort of a mad scientist. He tinkers, adjusts, experiments, in the early season, often sacrificing success early on. He is a very bright guy, although some of the things he does makes me scratch my head.

I fully expect this team to improve as the season goes along and be a real force come February. The key will be our 'bigs'. We've got tons of guards that can score, but Pyle & Allen's defense and rebounding will be the difference in a nice season and a great season.

Historically, Fink has his team's playing their best ball at the END of the season.

He is sort of a mad scientist. He tinkers, adjusts, experiments, in the early season, often sacrificing success early on. He is a very bright guy, although some of the things he does makes me scratch my head.

I fully expect this team to improve as the season goes along and be a real force come February. The key will be our 'bigs'. We've got tons of guards that can score, but Pyle & Allen's defense and rebounding will be the difference in a nice season and a great season.

Well said, voice. I have to say, so far this season Jordan's intensity and ability to score have impressed me. Hope she stays healthy and continues playing the way she has so far. She's a nice compliment to our guard play.