1-1 On This Road Leg

Old Titan

Best way to look at this 9-game sojourn is to compartmentalize it:

• 2-game "West leg" at Utah and Tech

• 2-game "Summit leg" at Western and IUPUI

• 2-game "Big XII leg" at OU and Missouri

• 3-game "Vegas leg" vs. Miami, UALR, & Rice

What you're looking for realistically is a split on each leg, which we accomplished on the "West leg", going 1-1 at Utah and Tech.

Now, we need a win at Western Thursday night to guarantee at least a split on the "Summit leg", because winning at IUPUI Saturday is going to be really tough.

See no reason why, with a similar effort as the last three games, we can't win at OU - they are not as good as Tech, and will have less of a home court advantage, so that would guarantee at least a 1-1 "Big XII leg".

And then comes Vegas, where I will now be disappointed if we don't win at least 2-of-3 (vs. Rice and UALR).

That would make us a very respectable 5-4 on this odyssey, where frankly a little over a week ago I would have put us at 1-8, or maybe 2-7.

Thursday night is huge - we need to maintain the momentum from the last week's performances. Hopefully, the sting of losing to the Leathernecks at home last year is still on everyone's mind.

TheEagleman would be quite happy if we are 6-7 on Christmas Day....if that happens....the Egg Nog will be flowing.... ;)

6-7 by Christmas?...sounds like TheEagleman might have sold this team a little short....if we could take OU next weekend, 7-6 is very doable...this ORU squad seems to be pulling it together more and more every game...I would think the week off will do wonders to rest the bodies after a tough first month....two big road games coming up....can't wait for this next test in Norman.... ;)