Making Bad Travel Worse?

Old Titan

This may seem nit-picky, but what can I say? It caught my eye (from Brown's blog):

"The Eagles will fly Wednesday from Lubbock to Chicago and bus to Peoria, Ill., where they will spend the night. Western Illinois is in Macomb, about 1-1/2 hours west of Peoria."

Let me get this straight: we're flying all the way from Lubbock to Chicago (through Dallas, I suppose), then busing 3 hours back south to Peoria to spend Wednesday night, and busing another 1-1/2 hours southwest to Macomb Thursday for the game that night.

Why didn't we fly from Lubbock to St. Louis, spending Wednesday night there, and then bus the 2-1/2 hours north on Thursday to Macomb?

Not only is it less time spent on buses, it would have put the guys in their bedrooms hours earlier on Wednesday, while eliminating the possibility of running into weather delays in the Chicago airport or when driving across northern Illinois.

With three road games in five days this week, every possible hour of rest counts.

(See, I'm not just a "coach" for this team - you can add "travel agent" and "trainer" to my many self-appointed duties) :puke: