BEST SURPRISE AND WORST DISAPPOINTMENT OF 2006 YEAR

ORU GRAD

Saw this on the Valley Forum and thought it would make for a good topic coming down to the end of the regular season. What is your take?

1. Best Surprise would be how Chris and Moses have stepped in

when Ken went down with injury. :lol:

2. Worst disappointment would be the high expectations of this years

team which may have been unreal from a fan's perspective. :cry:

Best surprise - Chris Riouse hitting 10 treys in 1 game.

Worst disappointment - Losing at Western Illinois for the 2nd year in a row.

Best surprise - the "coming out" of Larry Owens

Worst disappointment - home loss to Utah State. I couldn't sleep that night.

Best surprise - After the WIU and VU losses, bouncing back to still have a good shot to win the conference. Also, our seats at the OU game (wow).

Disappointment - non-conference results in general, namely all the missed opportunities for "quality wins."

Best: Larry Owens practically taking over games.

Worst: Ken's slump and injury.

Best: Has to LO. Became a real gamer.

Worst: Unmet expectations. Injuries played a part, but the team effort and enthusiasm they put into a win like TU was not there the rest of the year.

If they don't acquire the fire, the UMAC will be my least favorite place in town.

Best surprise - the "coming out" of Larry Owens

HE'S GAY?!!!!

Just kidding

Biggest Surprise - Larry Owens becoming a well rounded player

Biggest Disappointment - Ken Tutt's foot

Guest EagleBackr

Biggest Surprise (Team) - the first 30 minutes at OU and the entire game at Oakland. Scary good...

Biggest Disappointment (Team) - getting thumped so badly by Missouri State at home. Hey, I know they're good, but they beat us like a red-headed step child...

Biggest Surprise (Individual) - Has to be Chris Riouse. We all knew Larry could play; but who could have predicted that Chris entering a game would now have people rethinking Dippin' Dots/bathroom breaks?

Biggest Disappointment (Individual) - Hate to say it, but it's been the guard play of Ken and JB. Just not the caliber we expected. But there's still time to fix that!!

Guest Rob Marshall
Biggest Disappointment (Team) - getting thumped so badly by Missouri State at home. Hey, I know they're good, but they beat us like a red-headed step child...

Guest EagleBackr
ahhh, the psychology of sports at its finest ... not only affecting the participants but the fans too! I love it! :wink:

"Tyler Chaney, the straw that stirs the Bears' drink."

Ohhhh-kaaay... :?:

Two categories: 1-Team 2-Individual

Team:

Biggest Surprise: Scott Sutton get's T'd up and his team responds by playing w/ passion. :shock:

Biggest disappointment: Defensive ingenuity (or lack therof). Would have liked to see more variety in defense, not specifically zone, but more intensity through occasional trapping and full-court, especially with guys like Yemi and Larry on the floor. Why should Ron Hunter have all the fun with this stuff?

Individual:

Surprise-Riouse and Ehambe emerge as deep threats and sparks off the bench (especially Ehambe coming out of redshirt)

Disappointment: Mickey- I thought he would be more of an impact player. Showed signs of greatness, has a nice shooting touch, but really didn't get the minutes or spell Caleb as much as I anticpated.

Biggest Surprise - Receiving "Fear the Fro" masks in the mail from tmh!

Disappointment - The tight loss to Marquette in Alaska. I truly believe a win in that game turns our season (and Marquette's) around, and we'd already have won our 20+ games. But again, if we win three straight games in March, no one will care!

Guest Rob Marshall

biggest surprise ... ORU fans aren't more "disappointed" with a 13-3 Mid Con record in route to a second place finish behind IUPUI.

biggest "assumed" diappointment ... that many posters would still argue with me that this year's Golden Eagles are better than Bill Self's final ORU team (96-97) with McClellen, Crenshaw, Gill, Walls, Moses, et al. :roll: