ORU/Centenary Box Score

tmh8286

A couple of other observations from the box score:

Caleb had 26 points in only 24 minutes. Had he not fouled out he likely would have had another 30 point game. Unfortunately the Centenary play-by-play ends at the 8 minute mark in the second half, so I'm not sure when it was that Caleb fouled out, but it was pretty close to the end of the game as nearly as I can remember.

Ken played 27 minutes and had 16 points. I'd say the KING is back! It's unlikely that Ken will start on Saturday, but do you think Sutton will try to start him during the tournament? Ken's return has come much more quickly than I had expected.

Yemi was 0-4 and had 1 pt. in 21 minutes of play. Do you get the feeling that we're not playing Yemi for his offense?

We had another game with a ten player rotation, all of whom saw 14 minutes of play or more, with the exception of JB, who was out early because of injury. I love it when everyone gets a chance to play.

TMH, to your point about Yemi, I'm not exactly sure why he is in the game at all. He is known as a defensive player but if you watch him, he is not all that effective. I have never seen someone with longer arms who keeps them at his side 90% of the time. He would be so intimidating if he would get them off his jersey. He does not block out that well and isn't quick enough to keep up with a guard. I know they are developing him for future years but we need wins NOW. Especially with Ken back, Yemi does not fit in.

MabeeJ- I wholeheartedly, absolutley, 100% AGREE with your comment.

Should be interesting on Saturday to see who gets the nod (ken/yemi). In "theory" and on paper, the "defensive" purposes for using Yemi make sense. I'm just not convinced. Then again, I haven't looked close enough at the stats for proof that his presence has made any significant difference.

Don't they usually try to start the seniors on senior night, even if it's just for a couple of minutes? They probably can't start all of them, but maybe Chris instead of Yemi in this game. Andrew has already gone through the senior night deal, so it wouldn't be bad for him not to start; but do you start Eric in place of Caleb?

If so, you would have all the seniors starting, with the exception of Maloy.