ORU Women Beat North Texas 120-87

ORUJason

An amazing game that broke the single game women's scoring record with 120 points. Kevi had 36 points and Jordan Pyle had 20 points and 15 rebounds. Kevi was 6-6 from 3 point range.

North Texas was a better team than UT-Arlington and kept it close for most of the 1st half. They even got the lead down to 12 points early in the 2nd half, but then the ORU women went on a big run. Freshman Christian Key scored 11 points again and is contributing well for a true freshman. Great passes from Jaci to Jordan Pyle and others. North Texas had 2-3 forwards with decent height and yet ORU's quickness was able to keep North Texas off balance by creating 30 turnovers. This team is playing like they are in mid-season form even though it is the 1st 2 games of the year. Very impressive performance today.

This team could be VERY good....and Kevi?....TheEagleman thinks she is just special.... :inlove::inlove::inlove:

I hope the guys were taking notes from the girls tonight. They, especially Kevi, are shooting great from the perimeter. Coupled with the defensive pressure that creates fast break layups and good passing that results in lots of open looks, the women are showing the men how to generate offense.

Just an incredible effort this afternoon. The shooting was spectacular as were the assists. The Jaci-to-Jordan-to score plays must really please Coach Fink. Kevi is just on another level. The freshman shooter dropped a couple of early key baskets. And there is upside for this team when Amber starts to realize her potential to alter the inside game. Hope the Eagles are this hot on Tuesday night. Wow.

Hope the Eagles are this hot on Tuesday night. Wow.

If the Eagles play this well on Tuesday, they could drop 150 on TU (the Golden Her-icane lost to Emporia State over the weekend).

If the Eagles play this well on Tuesday, they could drop 150 on TU (the Golden Her-icane lost to Emporia State over the weekend).

Others may disagree, but I thought we played better against UTA (we probably LOOKED better because they weren't as good of a team). I look for even higher scores to come!! Jerry subbed out his starters at the end of this game, too, something I don't think he did against UTA.

I can't believe that I'm impressed with every player on this team, including the brand-new ones -- especially Christian, who can really hit those 3's. I agree that Amber will be a force when she gets more confidence in her abilities. At the very end of the game, she figured some things out and looked good.

And it's great to have Georgia back.