Summit League scores...

SDSUJacks

So UMKC beats Houston Baptist at home last night....the Kangaroos manage to get a home game in December.....we can't do that ?...... |(

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theeagleman5

• SDSUJacks

• ron

• FargoBison

So UMKC beats Houston Baptist at home last night....the Kangaroos manage to get a home game in December.....we can't do that ?...... |(

If you want to play awful HBU you can. I have a hard time believing schools like Utah Valley, UT-Pan American, HBU, etc would turn you down.

You generally have to pay these teams for the 'privilege' of playing them. That is how they make money. And that is also why we play Utah, Missouri, OU, etc.

Why can't ORU play home & homes with more mid-majors who are in the same predicament as we are?....Akron did it....Indiana St....UALR, etc....there are dozens of schools out there like that...TheEagleman just can't believe that every opponent has to be paid to come in to Mabee....I understand we have to pay if we are not returning the game....and I understand ORU needs to make some money by going to BCS schools and playing there.....understood....but sorry, ORU doesn't have to play 9 straight road games and only 2 home games before Christmas...I just do not believe it.... |(

IUPUI only lost by 2 last night vs. #7 San Diego St after our game in Vegas....sounds like they put up a tough battle.....glad some teams in the Summit are hustling..... :(

Oakland only down 36 to #2 Ohio State with 6 minutes left...tough night for the Grizz but can't rip them because of the killer schedule....SDSU hanging with #17 Minnesota down 6 with about 4 minutes left.....UMKC not getting blown out by K-State down 12 with 5 minutes left....IUPUI plays San Francisco U. later...and how about UALR...they are killing Stetson by 30 late in the game....maybe that wasn't such a horrible loss yesterday....er, yeah it was.... :P

Well, shoot. We had a chance tonight but just folded late. I was shocked by the effort as it's our 7th straight day on the road and 3rd game in that time frame.

I don't get Oakland. They've stayed closer this year (beat 7-Tenn and should've beat 7-Sparty) but man do they crash and burn with alot of these elite teams. No disrespect to Oakland either, I admire their schedule.

Anyone watch that KU-Cal game last nt? Kind of ugly w/ the elbows and whatnot.

TheEagleman just watched highlights of 3 Summit teams (OU, SDSU and UMKC) in a row on ESPN halftime highlights of the FSU-Butler game....that's pretty good pub for our league.... :up:

SDSU really battled tonight. A very good showing by you guys. Yeah who knows what's up with oakland. Schedule is probably catching up with them

Oakland's win at Tennessee is unfortunately becoming less impressive as the days go by....after losing 3 games in a row, the Vols were fortunate to beat lowly Belmont tonight on a basket with 5 seconds left, 66-65.....not sure what' happened to Bruce Pearls' boys since they lost to the Grizz....this is the same team that beat Villanova and Pitt within the past month.... :|

UMKC currently blowing out NDSU by 18 with 6:00 left in 1st half

We lost 75-73 at the buzzer. Ugly, ugly game by our players.

You guys looked way better than us in the 2nd half though... UMKC just got unbelievably hot early in that game

UMKC has those guards who can get hot and can cause some 1-on-1 matchup problems. Not entirely surprised they beat NDSU.

Early second half tonight against UMKC we were up to 14 lead changes and 5 ties before we pulled away (Roos up 3 at half) and won 91-71.